Search results

1. johncm

What is your favorite interior latex paint?

china A definition I found: Natural - fiber bristle brushes are made from animal hair. The most common is hog hair, which is labeled "China bristle." These are used for oil paint and solvent-thinned finishes only, since water-based paints will absorb into the bristles and leave them limp and...
  2. johncm

LPG new install for Gas Cooktop

LPG info As far as supply line size, charts show 100 feet 1/2" can supply 78,000 BTU 100 feet 3/4" can supply 162,000 BTU 100 feet 1" can supply 307,000 BTU...
  3. johncm

snake size

Thanks for the response. I've cleaned the trap (about a year ago), which helped, however, if the horizontal pipe going to the vertical drain pipe is reduced in size-(after the trap) due to accumulated gunk and not much pitch, is there a particular size snake I should use that will scrape it...
  4. johncm

snake size

I can remove the cover of the trap and start from there. Would be nice to remove it, but would involve ripping out the ceiling in the 1st floor powder room to gain working room.
  5. johncm

snake size

I have a house built in 1938. The upstairs bathtub has a drum trap located between the floor joists, about 10 inches from the tub drain. It is draining very slow. What size snake should I use to open the line? It runs across the bathroom floor to the vertical pipe. Is there some other method...
  6. johncm

Soldering question...not plumbing related

soldering brass to stainless I found an answer on the following site: http://www.tinmantech.com/html/faq__brazing-_joining_brass_to.html "My husband is making some barbecue tools where he is joining brass handles to stainless steel. What is your recommended method of joining? The Tin...
  7. johncm

Case 1000/1100 toilet running constantly

Case models I have a web site that describes the case models: They show pictures and have a summary of the features. Hope this helps.
  8. johncm

air gap

air gap thanks Thanks for the advice. Makes sense! Will correct on the new dishwasher installation.
  9. johncm

air gap

I'm replacing an old dishwasher that had the drain hose connected to a 1/2" copper tube that runs through the kitchen floor to the basement. This is connected to a p-trap which runs into a 2" vertical drain pipe (total length of drain hose/tube about 4'). Do I need to install an air gap in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks