Search results

1. berkeley

2yr old well pumping cloudy water from day 1

Making Progress Problem: The pump stops pumping for no apparent reason. Solution: Replace the pump Detail: The well driller showed up as scheduled on Friday. He reviewed the well completion report I had requested from the county permits office. He said that his company drilled the well...
  2. berkeley

I'll try turning up the hot water temp to 150F to see if that helps. I got in contact with the owner of the well drilling company. He is stopping by Friday to run a camera down the well to see if he can identify the cause of the cloudyness along with seeing if we are running out of water...
  3. berkeley

The first time the pump quit on us, we called the original well drilling company. By the time a plumber got there it was pumping again and wrote it off as a pressure switch problem. The plumber also suggested the 30-micron spindown and 5-micron cartridge filter combo, which is doing very...
  4. berkeley

Thanks for the suggestion Alternety, I'll definitely look into the zenon system once I confirm my casing isn't leaking... and get the air injector and greensand-plus filter installed. -Steve
  5. berkeley

Yes, we are in the mountains where the northeast corner of WV meets MD. I am going to perform a (food) dye test where I will remove a little dirt by the casing and pour the dye in the hole, fill the hole with water and see if the dye shows up in my water. If it shows up then I can call the...
  6. berkeley

Hi Bob, Thanks for the reply. Any chance the pump has a built-in float and is cutting off? I left the pump manual at the cabin, so I can verify for sure this weekend. When I manually open and close the pressure switch relay, it doesn't behave like the pump is drawing any current (no...
  7. berkeley

New well water cloudy...clay?

me too Hi, I'm having cloudy water issues as well. I didn't want to hijack your thread, so I started a new one. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25469 Thx
  8. berkeley

I hope there are experts and experienced well owners out there that can help us... BACKGROUND: We recently purchased a vacation home in Berkeley Springs, WV. The house and well are only two years old. The house had renters, for its first two years, and they had some sort of filtration...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks