Search results

1. H

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Ha. I don't think I'm up to 8 hours quite yet. Probably only about 3 to 4 hours of actual "repair" time. But if I count all the times laying on the floor to manually relight the pilot and travel time to Lowe's, it's probably getting close. Maybe they'll issue me a uniform like the Maytag...
  2. H

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Just to follow up on my situation noted above ... I had been able to manually relight the pilot on my BFG unit and get hot water each time, but then the pilot always went out after the burn was over. I went to Lowe's and bought two thermocouples (about $7 each), figuring to keep one as a...
  3. H

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate where you're coming from and the postings of all the professionals here. To respond to some of your points: 1. After reading all the horror stories, believe me, I have no faith in or illusions of "saving" this water heater, and I don't think it's special. I...
  4. H

Here's my story: I have a natural gas BFG model (BFG1F4040S3NOV to be exact), purchased at Lowe's and installed 11/21/07 ($308). I had no hot water and found that pilot went out on 12/17/08. I couldn't get it to stay lit. So I called Whirlpool support and the Indian gentleman diagnosed that I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks