Search results

1. prygaard

Hot Water Recirculation Choices

David, One more thing: You mentioned that you are having a hard time finding a good Aquastat. I ordered a White-Rogers 1127-2 strap-on aquastat (cheep on E-bay). I hooked it up next to the pump at the Water Heater (The pump is on the return line at the heater)….and it makes a big...
  2. prygaard

Delay in flow from hot side to cold side of heater. David, Since water is not compressable, there should be no delay between flow on the Hot side of the heater and flow on the cold side. The only way there would be a delay is if there were some kind of expandable bladder someplace in the...
  3. prygaard

David, I also discused the ideas (in a lot more detail) on the following forum: http://www.dannylipford.com/home-improvement-video/watts-instant-hot-water-recirculating-system/ Cheers Paul
  4. prygaard

DavidRW. Both methods can work.... I think (see my comments below). I set up my system with the sensor on the cold water side and the delay-off timer. I still have it set up that way and it is working very well. I also have a fast acting Aquastat on the line so that when the loop is...
  5. prygaard

Like any desgn problem, it is all choices and tradeoffs. I considered the motion sensor. In fact, I may still put one in the bathrooms (I would have it drive a relay in parallel to the delay timer). However, in the kitchen/great-room, the pump would be running most of the day if I used a...
  6. prygaard

Recirculation pump Demand-sensing controller Residential Demand-Sensing Hot Water Recirculation System A recirculation pump with a dedicated return line and a timer has two problems: 1) Most of the time the pump is running, it is not needed 2) when Hot water is needed, the pump is often not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks