Search results

1. DIYourselfer

Water leak in concrete wall...

I have water dripping from the second floor ceiling which is concrete. Above it is a shower on the 3rd floor. The shower walls are tiled and the walls behind them are concrete. Is the discoloration on the tiles in the pictures below water damage? If so would the valve be a good place to...
  2. DIYourselfer

Looking for the best product to dissolve slow draining line

Thank You so much Terry. I have not seen that product here in the Philippines so I will have a friend bring some over from the states.
  3. DIYourselfer

Thank Thank You Terry. Can I use it daily in order to get the pipe cleaned as quickly as possible?
  4. DIYourselfer

Hello, I have a PVC drain pipe(toilet/sink and shower) going in to a concrete wall and making an immediate 90 degree horizontal left turn and after a few feet I think it makes a 90 degree vertical turn down to the sewer. Its all encased in concrete. There is no way to use a snake so I...
  5. DIYourselfer

Leak Detection System

I use the water cop http://www.alarms247.com/watercopsystems.aspx
  6. DIYourselfer

Is there a plumbers dye?

Trying to find a leak in bathroom. Is there a dye that the pros use that won't stain a tub? If I use a dye in the tub water then I will know when I see the dyed water on the unfinished ceiling below that it is probably the drain, not the pipes or mixing valve. Thanks!!!
  7. DIYourselfer

Toilet install question

I went to 3 plumbing supply places and they don't carry the thick wax rings W/O the horn. It looks like I will have to use 2 thin ones. So you are saying I should place the first ring upside down(flat side up) on the flange and then place the second ring on top of the first one(flat side down)...
  8. DIYourselfer

Toilet install question

I can't seem to find a thick wax ring without the horn on it. Do they make one?
  9. DIYourselfer

Toilet install question

The horn (Right term?) on the toilet is just about level with the base of the toilet. Maybe 1/16 lower at most: The I.D. is 2.5 inches and the depth of the horn is 5/8 The closet flange is 4 3/4 wide at the top and 3 1/2 inches at the bottom The top of the closet flange is about 1/8...
  10. DIYourselfer

Installing faucet question?

Should I mount the pedestal sink to the wall first and then install the faucet or install the faucet in the sink before I mount it to the wall?
  11. DIYourselfer

What brand faucet?????

Well it's time to buy a new faucet for the new bathroom. Any recommendations? What should I stay away from? Thanks!!!!
  12. DIYourselfer

Which line to use for water feed?

I am installing a new sink and toilet. Should I use the steel braided lines for the water feeds or do you recomend something else? I noticed at Lowes that the steel braided lines are made by Watts which makes the Floodsafe lines that have bad fittings. Should I trust their steel braided lines?
  13. DIYourselfer

Pressure Assist Dual Flush-Mansfield EcoQuantum

You can replace it yourself with a Flushmate system: http://www.flushmate.com/changeout.asp
  14. DIYourselfer

Overflowing Toilets

Seekermeister, HJ answered your original post 16 minutes after you posted it. Can't really get much better than that. Your issue is something is causing the water to run. The flapper might not be sealing because it is old broken or the chain is getting caught if it is too long. The fill...
  15. DIYourselfer

How do I make it look good?????

Sanjeev, You haven't met my wife:D:D
  16. DIYourselfer

There is about 4 inches of copper between the valve and the escutcheon plate on the wall. I have no problem turning off the water and removing the valves myself to put on the solid covers. I did not see them in Home Depot. Do you have a link to them? Is there a standard as to how long the...
  17. DIYourselfer

OK, Gutted bathroom. Installed tiles on floor and walls. New toilet, sink and light fixture. I have 1/2 inch copper pipes(water) coming out of the wall for the sink and the toilet. They have nice new chrome on/off valves but the actual copper pipe coming thru the wall is an eyesore to me...
  18. DIYourselfer

Consumer Reports Recommended toilet, Gerber DF-21-318 a big Flop!

Do you replace it with a Flushmate unit? I see a full replacement kit from Flushmate runs about $130. I would see no reason to put back the same crappy unit, even if it is warrantied.
  19. DIYourselfer

Consumer Reports Recommended toilet, Gerber DF-21-318 a big Flop!

I just installed the Mansfield 148-119 a few weeks ago. I thought it had the flushmate technology. I wish I had seen this earlier. What is the warranty on this and is mansfield responsible for the warranty? Does a part have to be replaced or does the whole pressure tank have to be...
  20. DIYourselfer

Watts Floodsafe? Not Very! part 1

If I said "Made in China" would I be correct?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks