Search results

1. Craig99

Water Heater Drain Valve

Looked like that on outside, but mine screwed down and up for flow adjustment like regular hose faucet. Just a couple of rubber washers in it. Could of repaired it if I had the right size. I did pick up today a 1/4 turn, female thread one side, hose bib on the other that hj mentioned.I'll swap...
  2. Craig99

Water Heater Drain Valve

The Bradford I've got came with a regular faucet with the screw slot, good for safety, but a pain to open and close fast. I replaced it with a 1/4 turn ball valve. The inside diameter is obviously much larger for sediment flow. The packing was shot on the original.
  3. Craig99

Water Heater Drain Valve

Thanks guys. I've got a couple of 3/4 full port valves in the garage, just need to get the nipple. Bradford came with brass valve. Stem is leaking. I drain about a quart of water or until it runs clear monthly and also use it to fill my carpet machine. The port valve is a better way to go.
  4. Craig99

Water Heater Drain Valve

I'm just curious what the nipple the Mfg supplied is made of and how it's connected internally. Thanks for your help.
  5. Craig99

Water Heater Drain Valve

I assumed it was threaded but never have replaced one. No pipe or nut sticking out to get a wrench on while I twist off the valve, so I was afraid I might loosen whatever connection the drain valve is threaded onto. Can't see anything. Are the drain valves usually connected to a copper threaded...
  6. Craig99

Water Heater Drain Valve

Bradford White, 40 gallon gas residential, M440T6FBN, are those drain valves threaded or soldered. Or is it easier to just replace stem washer, mine is leaking a little from stem. 2 year old heater.
  7. Craig99

Best way to level a toilet?

A Toto Toilet with the Unifit adapter would be ideal for this. You can get a good seal with one wax ring because you install the adapter first, then you would be able to level your toilet better with the flex of the rubber ring you drop the toilet into. If the floor is really bad, you could...
  8. Craig99

Toto Guinevere Flush Handle

One of my Guinevere's does the same thing. I put some oil on it and solved it most of the time. Iv'e ordered a new handle from Toto. The brass rod is to short coming out of the threaded area of the handle and when you pull the handle all the way up, it rotates at a closer angle and jams. The rod...
  9. Craig99

Soiree question

The shorter trapway on the unifits make it easier to unclog large objects if you remove the toilet. With the toilet on it's side, you can see straight up the trap from the bottom and shove a rag from the bowl side and see it from the bottom and grab it with hook or long tongs. The unifit can...
  10. Craig99

Toto Guinevere Flush Handle

I've had two Guinevere's for 10 months now. The plastic nut holding the handle on broke in half on one of mine also. Had to buy offbrand handle and use the nut from it to fix it. The nuts are either defective on some or put on tighter than need be from factory. Otherwise, no problems, no clogs.
  11. Craig99

Toilet Flange Issue

What do you guys think about using the toto unifit toilets for flanges that are plastic. The unifit design should relieve alot of the pressure from the flange bolts.
  12. Craig99

Plaster of paris

How long are wax gaskets suppose to last? Do you guys replace them every 3,5,or 10 years or just wait till you have sewage smell or see water leaking?
  13. Craig99

Toto Soiree or Guinevere review, installing, comments and pictures

I installed a Guinevere today. First Toto owned. Great rim rinse,quiet, great fast flush, quick refill. So far no water splashing on seat.CEFIONTECT, elongated. When I ordered it at the plumbing shop, I requested 12 inch rough which I assumed was the only way they came. When I got it home and was...
  14. Craig99

Plaster of paris

When I added a bathroom in Cypress, CA, Inspector would not pass toilet until it was caulked. He said it was to prevent sewer gases. I just installed a Guinevere. The Unifit makes it real simple to make sure you get a nice seal without worrying about the toilet messing it up. Good rim wash and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks