Search results

1. MJP

Pump won't reach cutoff pressure

It is an old well with a shallow well pump and 1/2 HP motor. There is only one pipe leaving the pump to the well. Also I read other posts and keep seeing about adjusting air pressure in the tank, I have looked at the tank and don't see any where to this. Are there tanks that don't use the bladder?
  2. MJP

I think you're right Gary. It worked fine for a couple of days after cleaning out the line. Now it runs but won't reach the cutoff pressure again. I'm not sure if it's the pump or a possible leak. It seemed to hold the pressure when it did reach the cutoff, so I don't think it leaking, but not...
  3. MJP

I removed the tube and blew it out with compressed air. There was some crude when I first took it off. After putting it back on the pump ran up close to 40 pounds but didn't seem to want to cut off so I adjusted the cut off pressure to 38 and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the great...
  4. MJP

I'm glad I found this forum. I have a problem I can't seem to figure out. We have an old remodeled farmhouse with an old well. I don't really have many problems with it except if you run water to long sometimes it will lose its prime. It has been a dry summer so far and last wekend I used a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks