Search results

1. P

Pump only putting out 22lbs

Gary - I don't mind at all. Thanks for the advice. I am hoping to hear back from Tom (the driller). I am in Middle TN and the well is about 30 years old. If I do get to the point of pulling the pump, I will do pics for sure. Thanks again Pmc
  2. P

Thanks for all the info guys. I am working out the details now. Pmc
  3. P

Thanks for all the input. I will check the line to the house. I don't know if it is hung with galvanized or not, and while the actual pulling the pump is doable, I don't want to drop it. Pmc
  4. P

There is a check valve above ground. Right before the pressure switch. The voltage is 220 (It's a 3 wire system) I'm sorry I meant cutting off at 50 PSI. It is a 30 - 50 Switch I replaced about 6 months ago. Pmc
  5. P

Another day, another well question. Our well was running fine until suddenly it will only pressurize the system to 22lbs. It is a 1 HP submersible of unknown age. The well is around 450' deep. 6" casing. I can see the water level from the surface. probably 50' down. 45 gallon...
  6. P

Breaker tripping when Max pressure reached

Final resolution I have finally resolved the problem earlier this week. It was amazingly simple, a bad buried wire. Here's how I found it. I simply disconnected the 3 wires at a junction box in the yard and nutted them off to be safe. Then I turned power back on and checked each wire going out...
  7. P

Another update The pump is a 1hp 230 V. Last week I was working through diagnosing the problem. Along the way I noticed that I would hear a click just before the breaker tripped. I tracked this to an OLD water softener that was still inline with the water system. One leg of the 230V wiring...
  8. P

An update We are getting daily rain events here and I didn't think to mention that we do have a mole problem. Resistance at the well head was good and the lines have continuity. Today I will open up the junction box at the driveway and check resistance to try and figure out which end of the...
  9. P

I just checked everything with the amp meter. It was pulling about 9.3 amps and when pressure was made the breaker tripped. With the cover off the pressure switch I noticed the points weren't opening so with the power shut off I opened them with a flat blade screwdriver. There is some...
  10. P

I am baffled by a problem I am having with our deep well. When the pump is on it will make pressure to 50 psi and then trip one side of a double pole 30 amp breaker. Some background. We moved into the house Oct 2007. I am told the well is 600 feet and has never produced a high volume of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks