Search results

1. Mookie3333

Toilet leaking on ceiling underneath - waxless product

Good day all, I discovered a moldy corner on the wall/ceiling of my first floor bathroom. I broke out the sheetrock, and noticed that when the toilet directly above was flushed, I'd get 15-20 drops of water down that wall. I pulled up the toilet, remembering that I'd installed a SaniSeal...
  2. Mookie3333

Leaky bathtub P trap

I have a situation where a removable bathtub 2" PVC P trap SOMETIMES leaks onto the ceiling below. The first time this happened, it was because there was a drain was blocked, and the standing water slowly found its way to trickle out of the P trap where the lock nut is. Had a plumber snake the...
  3. Mookie3333

ARCING in meter socket

Hey guys, I know this is primarily a plumbing forum (and a great one at that), but I'll try my luck in the electrical forum. I have been experiencing arcing in the meter socket for about a month or so. When pulling a load on one of the phases (AC unit, etc.), the meter pan actually gets hot...
  4. Mookie3333

Rebuilding shoddy boiler/hot water heater exhaust to chimney connection

I replaced a hot water heater in a house we bought recently. Upon trying to connect the exhaust vent for the hot water heater, I noticed the concrete at the chimney connection cracking away and falling. I removed all of it, so I now have two exhaust ducts sitting at the entrance to the...
  5. Mookie3333

Mortar bed under fiberglass whirlpool tub - How thick??

I've run into something that I can't seem to figure out a solution to. I bought an American Standard Everclean whirlpool tub for a bathroom renovation in my home. This is going into a 5'x32" alcove. When I take the tub out of the box, it sits VERY lop sided. OK - I figure I'd place it in...
  6. Mookie3333

encasing old bricks in new concrete?

This question is regarding the rear entrance to my basement. I have to pour a "step up" which will act as a curb for drainage to prevent water from coming into the basement. Basically, the area will be about 16 Sqft, and about 8" deep. This would turn out to be quite a few bags of concrete...
  7. Mookie3333

"reel" for BX cable?

Hey guys- I know someone must have an idea on how to work neatly/efficiently with BX cable. The scenario is, I had 250 ft of 12/2 BX cable, and needed ~60 feet of it. There are 3 heavy guage zip ties on the reel (from H.D.), which I didn't want to cut because the whole thing would become...
  8. Mookie3333

Pump that can withstand below freezing temperature?

Guys, I need some help on an area I have not much experience with. Let me give you the rundown and background behind the situation: I recently had my back yard covered with a 5" reinforced concrete patio (approx. 18' x 25'). My property is 20'x100' and the width of the house is 20', so...
  9. Mookie3333

recessed lighting for suspended ceiling?

Now that my bathroom reno is 99% done, I'm going to start work on my basement again. I plan to section off a part of the ceiling with dropped ceiling tiles. I know traditionally, clear 2x4 plastic sheets were used, and then flourescent lighting on top. There must be a better way, can I...
  10. Mookie3333

Rigid faucet supply line connection

Quick question - For decorative purposes, I wanted to use a rigid chrome supply line to connect my bath faucet to the valves. The valve side goes on by compression, which is fine. Problem is, I couldn't find a nut to connect to the faucet side. The tube is called "3/8 inch O.D. Tube x 20...
  11. Mookie3333

short stub out and fire protection?

Hey guys, I have a little problem. Somehow, I stupidly made my copper stub outs too short, they are only ~1.5" from the finished wall now (tile). I figured that a joint only needs 1/2" depth to soldier properly, which puts me at 1" or less from the finished wall. How can I soldier this...
  12. Mookie3333

Deepest 30" tub?

You guys might remember my post in the plumbing forum about my bathroom renovation, but now I have a question specific to the tub. Since the bathroom is pretty narrow (~10' x only 57"), and tub length goes parallel with the long dimension of the room, I wanted to know if there was a soaking...
  13. Mookie3333

Couple questions for bathroom remodel

Hello! I am remodeling a bathroom in my NYC row house, which was built in 1910 (!) It still has the original bathroom in there, up until this weekend when I ripped everything out. I noticed a sink in the floor, and after removing asbestos tile that covered the original hex tile, saw a long...
  14. Mookie3333

Help with Hydronic Heating- main burners not kicking on

I have a problem that needs to be solved soon, because my tenants have no heat!!! I was wondering if anyone knew what could be causing this problem. I have a HB Smith G200-W-3INT forced hot water heating system. The pump is constantly spinning, because the thermostat is calling for heat but...
  15. Mookie3333

"flexible" pipe for forced hot water??

I just bought a 100 year old row house which was retrofitted with forced hot water baseboard heat a few years ago. Most ceilings have dropped ceilings about 6" below the plaster ceilings. Most of the plaster ceilings are in good shape and I wanted to restore them. The problem is, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks