Search results

1. Mookie3333

Toilet leaking on ceiling underneath - waxless product

Well, turns out you were 100% correct. Toilet wasn't the problem, but there was a hole about the size of a golf ball in the 110 year old lead bend. I had a plumber come in and take care of it, even he had a tough time. he had initially intended to seal it with a two part epoxy, but he had...
  2. Mookie3333

Forgot to mention that Amazon reviews show many complaints of the saniseal failing over time, and deflating, getting saturated with water etc. I still see it being recommended here, what are your guys' thoughts on the saniseal?? Did they change anything to rectify the failing problem?
  3. Mookie3333

Good day all, I discovered a moldy corner on the wall/ceiling of my first floor bathroom. I broke out the sheetrock, and noticed that when the toilet directly above was flushed, I'd get 15-20 drops of water down that wall. I pulled up the toilet, remembering that I'd installed a SaniSeal...
  4. Mookie3333

Leaky bathtub P trap

Going back again for the same problem today... leak onto 1st floor ceiling from this #@&*$ P trap. Thinking about replacing it, maybe there is a defect in the mating surface??? Thinking about eliminating the entire swivel trap, and solvent welding one. However, very tight space to work with...
  5. Mookie3333

Leaky bathtub P trap

Thanks Terry. Last time it leaked, I thought I got it nice and tight. Stayed with it running for ten mins and didn't observe any leak, so I'm not sure what changed from then til now that it's now leaking again. Like you said, I did tighten the swivel end firs then the tailpiece nut. I've...
  6. Mookie3333

Leaky bathtub P trap

ha.... removable trap, I meant. Permanent tub. :D
  7. Mookie3333

Leaky bathtub P trap

Ah - never knew this. Given that it's already there, what can I do, short of cutting out and putting a new one? I doubt there's even that kind of movement to get new pieces fitted together.
  8. Mookie3333

Leaky bathtub P trap

I have a situation where a removable bathtub 2" PVC P trap SOMETIMES leaks onto the ceiling below. The first time this happened, it was because there was a drain was blocked, and the standing water slowly found its way to trickle out of the P trap where the lock nut is. Had a plumber snake the...
  9. Mookie3333

ARCING in meter socket

The utility worker did tighten the contact screw, very tight. The insulation on the red wire was starting to melt just near the contact point also. HJ what your describing, can the utility take care of this? Or do I need an electrician?
  10. Mookie3333

ARCING in meter socket

Hey guys, I know this is primarily a plumbing forum (and a great one at that), but I'll try my luck in the electrical forum. I have been experiencing arcing in the meter socket for about a month or so. When pulling a load on one of the phases (AC unit, etc.), the meter pan actually gets hot...
  11. Mookie3333

Rebuilding shoddy boiler/hot water heater exhaust to chimney connection

I replaced a hot water heater in a house we bought recently. Upon trying to connect the exhaust vent for the hot water heater, I noticed the concrete at the chimney connection cracking away and falling. I removed all of it, so I now have two exhaust ducts sitting at the entrance to the...
  12. Mookie3333

Mortar bed under fiberglass whirlpool tub - How thick??

OK- I guess you live and learn. I wish I knew this last week! For what it's worth, I picked up a bag of sand cement. I'm going to mix it up dryish and take my time and pack it under the tub wherever I can get access. I made about 4 "piles" with wood and the thinset, so there are still some...
  13. Mookie3333

I used an unmodified thinset, and I built up about 2" with wood, and the thinset on top of that. Theoretically I would think I have <1" of thinset between the wood and tub. Still, more than 1/4" like you said. I can access the cutout where the drain is from underneath and shove something else...
  14. Mookie3333

holy $#%#.... I am so jealous at how neat your work is. That bathroom reno looks great. Your tile job is amazing too. Too bad you don't live near NYC, I'd offer you whatever you're asking to tile my bathroom! One question for you, seeing as you're an electrician - I'm looking to run a...
  15. Mookie3333

Thanks alot guys for all your replies. I set the tub this weekend. It wasn't easy, and I always get nervous moving around a fiberglass tub too much. Someone should make a product that comes in a half gallon pail, pre mixed thick like peanut butter and ready to be squished down. I'd be more...
  16. Mookie3333

I've run into something that I can't seem to figure out a solution to. I bought an American Standard Everclean whirlpool tub for a bathroom renovation in my home. This is going into a 5'x32" alcove. When I take the tub out of the box, it sits VERY lop sided. OK - I figure I'd place it in...
  17. Mookie3333

encasing old bricks in new concrete?

This question is regarding the rear entrance to my basement. I have to pour a "step up" which will act as a curb for drainage to prevent water from coming into the basement. Basically, the area will be about 16 Sqft, and about 8" deep. This would turn out to be quite a few bags of concrete...
  18. Mookie3333

recessed lighting for suspended ceiling?

Hi guys... Thanks for the replies, I actually didn't start the suspended ceiling/tiling yet. I've read your comments and I think it would help for you to know the exact situation. The dropped ceiling would be used in a basement hallway approx. 30 ft long, 36" wide. I just need maybe 2 or...
  19. Mookie3333

Replacing Basement Windows

Yep, I think tapcons and hammer drill would be best too. Thanks all for the help!
  20. Mookie3333

Replacing Basement Windows

Thanks for all the advice. I think I will be building a buck out of 2x6 treated lumber. I will probably use Tapcon blue screws, but was wondering- is there any type of brick anchor that doesn't require pre-drilling? This might simplify the installation. Thanks for any help, again.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks