Search results

1. 7474

Water meter

Not sure, I'll have to ask. The way I understood the story (2nd hand) that it was where the line attached to the humidifier. 6,000 sq ft home, over 1/2 had to be trashed and redone!
  2. 7474

Water meter

Thanks
  3. 7474

Water meter

Thanks for the reply. 1) correct, I have mine supported based on other info I have seen. Interestingly, I have had 3 plumbers (construction and 2 different plumbers with replacements of water heater) and the tank has never been supported 2) correct, I have read/seen numerous times that saddle...
  4. 7474

Water meter

Thanks for the reply. I will take care of this. Out of curiosity, what would happen if the expansion tank pressure was greater than the supply pressure?
  5. 7474

Water meter

Thanks @Tuttles Revenge and @Reach4 for the replies. City water. Pressure was 105psi with the original pressure reducing device. I had read elsewhere that higher pressure water causes pre-mature failure of the tank. Both replacements were leaks, at least the first was still under warranty...
  6. 7474

Water meter

So, I measured my pressure and the gauge was buried at 100psi, the max on the gauge. Pressure reducing valve is no longer working. Kinda think the plumber that installed my new water heater never even checked the water pressure to properly install the expansion tank. Might be why I am on my...
  7. 7474

Water meter

Thank you @hj and @Reach4 for the replies. Seems like this might be what I need to do.......?
  8. 7474

Water meter

Have a question regarding my water meter. For example, middle of the night no water activity throughout the house, triangle on the meter is perfectly still. Flush the toilet, triangle on the meter begins to spin, toilet fills and toilet valve shuts off, however triangle on the meter continues...
  9. 7474

Mesh size for lake intake screen

My problem is the pond is very shallow and has a significant amount of floating debris. Especially early in the season before is treated, I couldn’t get more than 10 minutes of run time before the fountain is practically turned into dribbles. This strainer rotates and is essentially pressure...
  10. 7474

Mesh size for lake intake screen

I know this is old but..... I use the Sure-Flo SCS2 self-cleaning strainer. Just started this year and can’t recommend it enough. I actually use 2 at a time on my intake from the lake. Use a Goulds Irrigator GT15 to pump off my lake. http://sure-flo.com/strainers/self-cleaning-strainers/ Best...
  11. 7474

Goulds GT15 to GT20

Thanks for the reply. I can get the motor and impeller delivered for $250, both new. The best I can find the GT 20 is $440 delivered.
  12. 7474

Goulds GT15 to GT20

Hello, I have a Goulds GT 15 and would like to modify it to a GT20. Is this possible? From what I have found the 15 and 20 have all the same parts except the impeller and the motor. https://www.lockewell.com/pdf/goulds/parts-gt.pdf Is this the correct motor, AO Smith ST 1202? It is listed...
  13. 7474

Variable time float switch

My OCD nature caused me to purchase this product. I found the float switch is a Vertical Master made by SJE. So, I will see if the time adjustment option gives me the emptying I am looking for. Was able to find the product for $56 out the door including free shipping.
  14. 7474

Seem to have found the best of both worlds.....vertical master type float with adjustable run time from 5-45s. Although it is 4x what I paid for the Vertical Master I just installed. At least I know for the future when replacing the vertical master...
  15. 7474

I have the Vertical Master installed but am looking for a greater depth than the ~6" provided by this float. Looking for something ~12". Don't have the room in the pit for a tether float.
  16. 7474

WHY.... I want to adjust the runtimes to increase the cycle length to fully empty the sump pit. The vertical master float switch only has a 6 inch pumping depth. I would like to adjust it so that I could get about 12 inches of pumping depth. Agreed, running the pump without water would...
  17. 7474

Vertical master float run time

Contacted SJE Rhombus and there is no extension for the vertical master.
  18. 7474

That was my concern as well.
  19. 7474

Anyone have experience with the following float switches? 2 of the switches have variable on-time from 5-45s. http://www.stopflooding.com/proseries/pdfs/Brochure_PHCC_Switches_Sensors_Controllers_1807046_3-2012.pdf Thanks for any input.
  20. 7474

Superior pump vs Zoeller; Zoeller options

It was on for 10 seconds and off for 70 seconds for an hour. Surprisingly much quieter than the Stevens.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks