Search results

1. Zxed

Moving basement shower drain

Building a new house, the plumber decided to move the toilet drain due to footing, instead of moving it back, he moved it left, which brought it closer to shower, but he forgot to adjust the shower drain. We’re wrapping up framing and I’m trying to figure out what to tell them. I can avoid...
  2. Zxed

1/2 45 deg ftg x male street elbow?

I am installing a Kohler Wall mounted shower head (tilted walltile) K-8022 the instructions specify a 1/2 45 elbow that i cannot seem to find at lowes or HD... anyone know where to get it from? or is it something ill need to piece together? (pic attached)
  3. Zxed

sweating pipe eye irritation

Hello all, just did some more copper pipe sweating with butane... just wondering if eye irritation is a common side effect? (was wearing eye protection) trying to figure out if its allergies or eye irritation because of all the pipe sweating...
  4. Zxed

1/2 MIP vs 1/2 NPT

need a plug for a thermostatic valves bottom outlet Don't see 1/2 NPT, stupid question... Is 1/2 MIP the same thing?
  5. Zxed

Enclosed double vanity drain/vent

Im finally ready to hook my enclosed double vanity up. i have attached a diagram A is a 90 deg hubxhub TY B is a long 90 deg elbow C is a sanitee (can also be swapped with a A?) most black lines are studs., 2x4's red is existing drain blue is vent (blue attached to red/c which goes...
  6. Zxed

Shower fittings

My kohler thermostatic valve states that the bottom out is for a tub spout only I was going to hook my body sprays there.. But I will do what the instructions state 1. If the bottom will not be connected to a tub spout, it must be plugged What do you use to plug it? The valve takes in...
  7. Zxed

dont need p-trap in vanity drain?

okay so maybe the title is a little misleading... my double vanity sink came with this "thing" (see attached)... it seems as if this is supposed to work as a p-trap and connect to a stubout/drain... but from what i see, it looks like a 1.25" in and 1.25" out... how am i supposed to connect...
  8. Zxed

toilet drain 3" or 4"?

question about my toilet drain.... i want to know if there is any specific reason if the following is done (see image) i can guess that the 4" allows for a smoother flush... the current setup is for a 14" toilet rough, the new toilet is a 12".. since i need to move it back., should i...
  9. Zxed

tub p-trap vent more than 5'?

***EDIT!*** tub drain is only 4.5' from the drain-vent in wall that will also be used by double vanity sinks **** Trying to decide if i need to add a vent for tub p-trap. the pictures show the area the tub will go in (left side) the right side is where the drain is. i can face the tub...
  10. Zxed

Sanitary Tee on its back...

I installed a sanitary tee on its back.... why? because the pieces i was cutting out and replacing (had to move the drain) were installed the same way.. it is a shower drain., 2"., you see a 3" drain further back for the toilet. water drains from right to left., the vertical part of the...
  11. Zxed

zees bathroom remodel

Hello All a quick outline 1. demoed my master bathroom (2d floor) to the studs, removed a wall between a walk in closet and masterbath to make a bigger bathroom. 2. there was a tub at the wall that i removed 3. i am puting in a standing shower using kohler valves, trims and shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks