Search results

1. E

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

So are you two gonna foot the next "Water Heater Bailout bill"? I think most everyone on here (customers not businesses) bought the Whirlpoo because it was a name they knew and a name grown to trust. Unfortunately there are companies that buy up these names and then sell JUNK under the...
  2. E

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Pain in the butt bolts The original housing at least let you take the bolts out and then you could see the mating holes through the housing. The new one came with clips to keep the bolts in the holes so you cannot see what your doing. Guess if your a trained Whirlpoo tech you don't need to...
  3. E

I got my kit over the weekend and managed to take pictures of the whole process start to finish. Funny thing is the water heater was technically still working although it was on low and just barely warm enough for someone to take a shower with. :eek: It was not a bad job, the whole door...
  4. E

Ok, here it is, a couple days after contacting Whirlpoo and my defective unit is still on "limp home mode" and running just over "Vacation" temperature. I did turn it up a little past Vacation trying to figure out where the line is between blow out and operation. Have not figured out the break...
  5. E

P.s. Still searching the new and found http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/whirlpool_water_heaters.html that has many many many (500+) complaints. I love reading complaints because eventually some info you can use leaks through. A couple of the complaints mentioned the gas valve. One guy...
  6. E

Ok, so I have spent the last hour reading the 14 pages of Whirlpoo (my favorite name for it) WH complaints, "fixes", and modifications (love the supercharger). Never did get to see the ductwork filter assembly modification that prompted the supercharger but hey, this is a list topic dedicated to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks