Search results

1. TequilaMB

Expansion tank pinhole leak

We have a Dunkirk Boiler (natural gas) for hot water baseboard heat, combined with a BoilerMate WaterMaker for hot water. In 2016, we had the expansion tank replaced which sits above the boiler. Just recently, we've begun to notice some water on the floor. Traced it down to an actual pinhole...
  2. TequilaMB

Star Powerflush Optima

Readers Digest version: Is it possible to join a Star Powerflush Optima back outlet toilet with a Saniflo grinder when the Saniflo grinder's intake opening is higher than the backflush toilet's outlet pipe? The back story: In early 2020, we installed, with the help of a friend who is a general...
  3. TequilaMB

Emergency pump recommendations

We currently have a Liberty Sump Pump in our Sump basin, plus an additional battery backup pump on standby. However, we thought it might be a good idea (since our basement is partially finished) to have an emergency pump on hand - an electrically operated one that would sit on the basement floor...
  4. TequilaMB

Star Powerflush Optima - convert to Saniflo?

We have a basement bathroom with the Star Powerflush Optima water system toilet & tank. The tank and pump also serve a tub and sink. The first tank we had failed after just over a year, and we replaced it with a new tank. Now, we're seeing warning signs of impending failure again. We're not...
  5. TequilaMB

Powerflush Optima tank seepage

We have a basement bathroom with the Powerflush Optima water system toilet & tank. The tank and pump also serve a tub and sink. The first tank we had failed after just over a year, and we replaced it with a new tank. Now, we're noticing evidence of seepage along the seam where the lid fits the...
  6. TequilaMB

Fleck timer - what do I have?

I'm wondering if this is a "Frankenstein" system they rigged up. I have no idea. And it wouldn't surprise me if the person who came out, who called me, and who then returned my hubby's call yesterday telling me the exact OPPOSITE of what he told me last week (all the same person) either just...
  7. TequilaMB

Fleck timer - what do I have?

Our water softener suddenly wouldn't stop calling for water, it was just running through the rinse cycle constantly. Even unplugging it didn't stop the water usage. My hubby called the company that installed it, and they told him how to bypass the softening system. They then came out and...
  8. TequilaMB

Fasco blower motor

It sounds like an iffy proposition, at best. Can you tell me where to find a replacement if I get it apart and find it's too far gone? Since it also heats my watermaker hot water supply, I can't take it apart first, then order a replacement if it's not working.
  9. TequilaMB

Fasco blower motor

Another view
  10. TequilaMB

Fasco blower motor

The blower motor on our 30 yr old Dunkirk boiler is making a racket. It's still going, but making a lot of noise. Model on the tag says JA1M139NS. Any idea where I can find a replacement? I've been going to take it apart to clean, but would like to have a spare on hand just in case.
  11. TequilaMB

Boiler Mate and Dunkirk Boiler water scalding

Update: Our HVAC man came out and discovered a problem with the Relay on our boiler. It's an Emerson White Rodgers rbm relay 134-20103-301. He was able to clean off the contacts, and get it working, but said we should look for a replacement. I've been searching all over online, and can't find...
  12. TequilaMB

Could it be the Intermittent Pilot Control module? https://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywell-S8610U3009-Intermittent-Pilot-Control-4584000-p Hubs remembers this was replaced once before. And DS and DD seem to remember that the hot water baseboard heater registers got overly-hot a few times last year...
  13. TequilaMB

Electric Fireplace problem

Even the first year, we had to have another little heater in the room, in the opposite corner, to keep the room comfortable. But last yeear was the pits. I'd take it somewhere to have it looked at, but don't even know what kind of repairman would be able to help with this!
  14. TequilaMB

Thanks for all that information! I will pass it along to the hubs, and we will need to digest it.
  15. TequilaMB

No multi-speed fan. It never did blow out very much, but this past winter it was pathetic. Plug-in, not hard wired. No sign of dimming in the lights in the room when it comes on. Will try the meter to see about what it's drawing. We'll have to find the label on the unit, as the manual doesn't...
  16. TequilaMB

We have an electric fireplace (Allen & Roth, purchased at Lowe's), which sat in the box it came in for a couple of years before we set it up winter before last in our newly finished converted garage/family room. The unit is a model F12-B-031-017A. It was highly rated as a great source of heat...
  17. TequilaMB

We have a Dunkirk Boiler Model XE4, and an Amtrol Boiler Mate Watermaker model WH-7L, approximately 30 years old. We recently began having problems with the Amtrol unit over-heating the water to the point of being scalding, no matter where the temperature gauge is set. We replaced the...
  18. TequilaMB

507 Basement Sentry question

Can anyone suggest an actual replacement battery? The one we have is Size 27 (according to the info on the top), but I haven't been able to get it out of the case to see any other specs. I've looked up the Aquanot battery and the price is breath-taking.
  19. TequilaMB

Tried holding the reset button in several times. Nothing. I guess we got a good run out of this battery - it's 5 1/2 years old! Time for a new one.
  20. TequilaMB

All I have to do it touch the black wire to the negative terminal, and she starts screaming again. Not sure how low the water level was, but we couldn't see it. Maybe we overfilled it? My hubby usually does that, and he wasn't around, so my son and I had to tackle it alone. Can't charge it if...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks