Search results

1. atuel

signs toilet flange is bad?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered, but search is only returning a blank page for me. So my guest bathroom toilet has a minor leak with a few drips every time it flushes. Its over a crawl so I have access underneath it. The subfloor on one side shows signs of moisture, etc. Nothing...
  2. atuel

Insulation on CPVC / Recirculator

So my place is run with CPVC. Its in the crawl space in SE US and there is absolutely no insulation on any of the pipe. We have also noticed that it takes 5 or more minutes for the hot water to become hot when running the shower, etc. I'm having my crawl space sealed along with my new A/C...
  3. atuel

Code for vertical drop for toilet/tub, IPC

So long story short, need to create some space for a new more efficient HVAC duct setup in my crawl space. The new duct run goes under my guest bathroom which includes a sink, toilet and tub all along the same wall. The plumbing runs right through the center of the space and I want to tuck it...
  4. atuel

horizontal water heater

Anyone make a horizontal tank electric water heater? Preferably a heat pump hybrid based unit. Lots of reasons I dont need to bore you with why I want to put it where I do, but the ideal space for this would be about 5' from where my new geothermal exchanger is going. I cant put it...
  5. atuel

hidden / slot drain sinks

So ran across one of these at the local big box store and liked the look of the one I saw. Unfortunately, it "disappeared" and none of the help there even remembers it and google oddly doesnt find anything when searching for slot drain sink. Is there a proper term for this style of sink or do...
  6. atuel

Any reason not to ground every light switch

I've noticed a trend in my house that none of the light switches are grounded. The ground wires are connected together and for the most part, the fixture the switch controls is grounded, but the switch itself has no connection to the ground. Is there any reason for this or do I chalk up...
  7. atuel

Code question on multi-location dimmers ( lutron / maestro )

I'm looking at using the lutron maestro switches (http://www.lutron.com/CMS400/pagebuynow.aspx?id=16947 ) in a project in my house. The project is to clean up my living room lighting but also pulls in my sunroom and outside deck lighting since they are all on the same breaker. 1) Keep current...
  8. atuel

monitoring power usage

With my electric bill skyrocketing lately, I've been wanting to know where I'm using power. I can guess at the usual suspects (heat pump, water heater, etc), but my bill was farily high to start with before it skyrocketed, so I wanted to be more precise. Do you know of or have used any...
  9. atuel

embedding panel into drywall

I wanted to get your opinions of embedded the panel into the wall such that the front is flush with the drywall. My panel is in my attached garage and embedded into the wall cavity like this and sometime after the garage was built, the inside was finished with drywall, baseboard, and crown...
  10. atuel

washer plus floor drain on second floor

We're looking to remodel a fairly large closet (15'x6') on the second story to be a laundry room. The previous owner was going to make a dark room to develop photos out of this closet meaning a sink of some sort. They took the first step in this and ran 2" PVC up through the wall to a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks