Search results

1. T

Loud sucking noise from inside intake

Last night I cleaned my electronic air filter and replaced the regular filter. After that I noticed from the intake inside the house a louder sucking noise than usual. At first I thought i did something to the filters and it was the air passing through them however when the heat shuts off but...
  2. T

Walk-in Tile Shower help

I am building a walk in shower. We are going to tile up the entire walls and the floor. For the walls should I drywall with green board then use cement board over the top of that? Or just use cement board over the studs? Thanks
  3. T

How to install wall thimble?

I have a Bosh tankless hot water heater. I am rouging in my vent pipe during my insulation process. How do I install the wall thimble? The vent pipe instructions aren't very helpful. Do I install the exterior side over the plywood then run my siding over the flashing or do I install the...
  4. T

Drywall Questions

I am finishing up insulation in my remodeled house and am about to get prices for drywall. I am confused on the finishing of drywall. I am looking towards no texture but I'm concerned with the extra cost of a smooth finish. How many types of a smooth finish are there? I've seen two types so...
  5. T

Test Cap Question

I am almost ready to test my system but do not know how to cap one toilet flange. I had to use a 4x3 offset flange that I purchased from ********* it did not come with a pre-installed cap. I normal knockout cap does not fit the flange and I can not get a wingnut expandable cap to fit either...
  6. T

Drainage pipe routes

I am currently renovating a 1901 house to live in after I am finished. Attached is a sketch of my spare bathroom. I am having trouble with the vanity sink drain pipes. The sink is against an interior 2x6 bearing wall. Directly below the 2x6 wall is a 6x6 beam with 6x6 posts on blocks. Is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks