Search results

1. KCEdds

Can mold grow inside a drain pipe in a shower?

Every six months I use a snake to get out the giant hairballs that accumulate from my wife's long hair and it smells nasty. But I just had the concrete sub-floor in my stand-in shower replaced because it was crumbling and smelled horrible. Now the new concrete has been poured in but I think...
  2. KCEdds

How important is it to have insulation inside walls around a shower?

I had to have my stand-up shower floor ripped up because the concrete sub-flooring had disintegrated and was covered in mold causing a horrible smell. When my tiler removed the concrete floor and six inches of tiles from the shower wall near the floor I could see some insulation between the...
  3. KCEdds

Can a water trap be replaced without tearing up the entire tile floor?

I have a sewer smell coming from my upstairs (3rd floor) shower drain. The bathroom shower on the other side of the wall has no smell. The vent stack is not obstructed on the roof. I had a tile guy come in and say that he needed to rip up the entire tile floor and then have a plumber...
  4. KCEdds

Finding correct wax seal for 70-year old bathroom. Smell won't go away!

I have a 71-year-old house, although I believe the toilet in our upstairs bathroom has been replaced at some point. A few weeks ago I noticed a smell in the bathroom. The toilet was not loose and didn't wobble, but I decided to replace the wax seal anyway. After pulling the toilet I was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks