Search results

1. wilbert

Softener + neutralizer questions

Yes, the head in the picture looks like the one I am getting. I asked the company about the upflow or downflow. He said upflow is better with the Vortech tanks. He said he has been using it for many years and it's been fine. He said he would install downflow if that's what I want. Not really...
  2. wilbert

I am on a well with sediment. They are installing a sediment filter. Is the V1TCBTZ valve with a 9 GPM DLFC something Clack should be able to swap out for the installer or is that something I will need to buy on my own? I'm going to try and find my well information. I'll talk to the company...
  3. wilbert

Thanks for the responses. What is the alternative to the upflow filter? The neutralizer and softener were delivered yesterday. Is there something I can tell the company to change? I really should have done more research before I bought. Thanks
  4. wilbert

Local water treatment company recommends getting an acid neutralizer because our pH level is 5.9. They said if we get the neutralizer it will make our water harder so we will need a softener. Hardness is 4gpg now. Hardness: 4 gpg Iron: .5 ppm pH: 5.9 TDS: 110 ppm House has 5 toilets, 3...
  5. wilbert

Well yield test necessary?

Thanks for your help guys. I canceled the test.
  6. wilbert

should i just skip that test? waste of money? not sure if this means anything, but i was in the house and turned on just about every faucet and two showers at once and let it all run for 20-30 minutes and water pressure was constant. probably didnt do anything, but i dont know anything...
  7. wilbert

I called and here is what they said they do. They hook into the pressure tank and run a hose to a 5 gallon bucket and take readings every 15 minutes. They said it will take between three and six hours and they are checking the well recovery.
  8. wilbert

Bob, how come you didn't tell me to run in this thread? https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24827
  9. wilbert

They said it will take three hours.
  10. wilbert

Buying a house next week. I don't need the test for the mortgage, but peace of mind. Last test was done in 2005 and the well yielded 2.2 gpm. The well was installed at the end of 2003. I'm sure it's a good idea to get the test done. Company wants $325. Thanks Wil
  11. wilbert

Need some help with this well test.

I have no idea what we are going to do with all this house, but it's the same price or lower then all the other houses in the area. There are only a couple competitive houses (price wise) and they will be new construction and I don't think I feel like dealing with that and they are much smaller...
  12. wilbert

Thanks Bob, The house has 4 full baths, and 2 half. I don't play golf. Right now it's only going to be my wife and I living there and a few kids in the future. We normally wouldnt consider a house this size, but in this market it's tough to pass up deals and houses you would normally never...
  13. wilbert

I forgot to add this part. Not sure if it's the info you are looking for. House is approx 7000 total finished sq ft. Not the 2560 in the attachment
  14. wilbert

Hi, this is my first post. I found this forum searching google. I hope some of the knowledgeable folks here can help me out. I am considering buying a house and just got the well tests from the state. I know nothing at all about this, but I was told the gpm is 2.5 which sounds low to me so I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks