Search results

1. joslinm

Weil-McLain GV-4 won't fire

I have a Weil-McLain GV-4 series 1 that won't go past fan running with only the power light lighting. After a few recycles, I did get it to light and heat for about 15 minutes, then it shut down again. Lights began to flash, but unfortunately I didn't notice which ones. Made an inquiry at the...
  2. joslinm

Weil-McLain GV-4 Overheating

Noticed some banging in the pipes near my boiler and discovered temp is up to 260 and still going higher. Shut of wall switch and restarted and seems to be fine now. What to check on and replace so this doesn't happen when I'm away for a week???
  3. joslinm

Keeping pipes from freezing

Trying to get this fixed before cold weather. I have an unheated garage inside home. Gets down as low as 35 or so during coldest below zero weather. The drains for the water softener and the home boiler go into a vent pipe from the outside. During the coldest weather, they freeze. Need...
  4. joslinm

Sewer line blockage

A little history.... I have a 25 yr old 4 bedroom colonial built on a slab. I have a clean out in the rear outside of the house and a vent in the front of the house (2 ft off the ground) that goes into the wall of the garage and then elbows down into the garage slab. On this pipe that goes...
  5. joslinm

Weil-McLain GV4 quits

Going on 24 years old and has intermittently always given me grief. Seems like a couple times a year it just quits. Often if I shut off the breaker for 5 or 10 minutes and back on, it will work fine for another 6 months. Today, we're in the middle of TS Irene. Did some work inside and...
  6. joslinm

Kenmore no brine draw

Replaced every stinkin seal and o ring on the thing and still can't get soft water. Reason being I guess is because the brine will not draw out. The level says constant, about 9 inches from the top. Sears had me remove the flow plug in the venturi and confirmed that I get good suction. But it...
  7. joslinm

boiler circulator bad?

When a boiler circulator goes, does it ever work a little. I ask because I get great hot pipes out of the zones, but the hot water never comes around.
  8. joslinm

Little heat in one zone

I've got a Weil McClain GV 4 with 4 taco zone valves. The one that heats my downstairs seems to work when it feels like. I switched the heads on the Taco valve to a known working one to eliminate that question. I do get heat if I push the lever to manual from auto. Can the valve be the problem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks