Search results

1. mahza

new sandpoint

Interesting....have to keep this all in mind if we ever need to redo this well again..........i know the guy that did this had no hand pump but i do recall him filling the pipe with water then quicklly putting a cap on pipe to see if it would hold water and as soon as cap (his palm) was removed...
  2. mahza

new sandpoint

thought i better clarify here....no more sand just this very very fine silt stuff it is like dust..........when i do take the sand filter off i take water straight from the well and if u ever so slowly pour the water from a clear container you may or may not see see particles of something very...
  3. mahza

new sandpoint

hand pump !!!! I dont recall him useing a hand pump! All they did was once the well was down they attached a garden hose to the faucet and turned it on and ran it.......are you saying I went thru with putting up with all this sand for nothing! Grrrrrr! Anyhow it seems to be good......we will...
  4. mahza

new sandpoint

we do have a new softner,,,the water test was straight from the well...the sandpoint is a drilled sandpoint 1 1/4 with stainless steel sandpoint,,,,berekleys 5SN Jet pump Quick update.....next to nothing for sand lately...we can go several days before needing to rinse sand filter and when we...
  5. mahza

new sandpoint

with the original sandpoint the manganese was quite a bit lower..016 mg/l the original sandpoint was 12 feet below basement floor....this new one the bottom point of the point is down 21 feet....the new well water does have a metallic taste to it which i am thinking is the manganese...we drink...
  6. mahza

new sandpoint

I thought I should add the 8 gpm is just what the guy set it at,,,,it would produce more if needed.. For right now we are only using it for household and filling one horse watering trough (75 gallon)
  7. mahza

new sandpoint

Just an update on what happening with new sandpoint! The sand filter is still collecting sand,,,not much but still some. During a normal days use we have to flush it out once or twice......it is working for us now but am thinking that in spring when it warms up we will consider a differnet...
  8. mahza

new sandpoint

how do plug an old sandpoint!.....it is 12 feet below basement....we are thinking of maybe trying to pull it up but seeing it has been there for 40 years I dont now how easy it will be to pull it up. And who knows if it will evan come up in one piece,,,,ummmm!
  9. mahza

new sandpoint

The filter is on,,,not sure what it is called but it is catching the sand when pump kicks in and all we do is flush it out whenever it is full.......or when my pressure is down! It is working to keep sand out of my waterpipes! Will use this till spring and if well does not stop producing sand...
  10. mahza

new sandpoint

As far as I understand it is one that goes on after the pressure tank :confused: It is very strange though,,,sometimes when i draw water and the pump kicks in there is very little sand,,,and then I smile! But then the odd time when I turn it on there is quite a bit more so the driller thinks if...
  11. mahza

new sandpoint

it seems to be getting less sand when pump kicks in......ummmm:) so driller figures we should just try a screen for right now and maybe start again in spring......low for tonight is -32 celcius...
  12. mahza

new sandpoint

:mad: grrr....................how long does it take to develope a sandpoint well. This morning I am back to sandy water so am running the water again! It does clear up ...any idea of how long it will take to get rid of the sand at the beginning
  13. mahza

new sandpoint

:mad: some sand but nearly as much so will do everything again,,,,i just understand why the water comes clear and sand free while sucking it up and then when it sites for a while ,,,why does it get sandy again! :confused:
  14. mahza

new sandpoint

ok,,,we ran and ran and ran the water,2 1/2 hours),,,the water is now crystal clear,(it turned clear after about 20 minutes of running),,no smell no swirling sand or silt,,,clear as can be,,,,,,,,,,i will be shutting it off and let it rest for 1/2 hours and so.....keep your fingers crossed that...
  15. mahza

new sandpoint

I am getting so frustrated......the well guy says he used the finest screen available..... will the silt and sand ever stop! maybe there is only this fine silt and sand in the aquifer,,,,, ok next step!:confused::confused::confused: what really confuses me is when the pump is not on...
  16. mahza

new sandpoint

still silt coming up....more so when pump kicks in,,,,,:confused: it does clear up but if u look real close u can see a bit of silt.
  17. mahza

new sandpoint

Howdy all.. sandpoint well saga continues...day 2 with new well.....slight bit of swirling sand or silt in water other than that it is pretty clear! BUT when the pump kicks in u get a 15 seconds of cloudy sandy water, then it clears again! So maybe we just need to keep flushing it out...
  18. mahza

new sandpoint

we just finished driving the well in 6 feet deeper...so far so good...:)
  19. mahza

new sandpoint

There are a ton of sand point wells in basements in our area! They are not all installled by same well driller... The fellow that put in well is from this area also! Before technolgy came about just how did people find water? Sometimes going back to nature to find water is good.
  20. mahza

new sandpoint

I dont know what to think.......there is more sand and silt coming up today than when he first installed sandpoint,,,then it seems to clear up and only a bit of sand comes up....could my presurre tankl or bladder be filled up with sand....the fellow installed a brand new tank,,,,actually...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks