Search results

1. R

Electrical Surges/Light dimming

MDS, I usually just lurk, I am a retired electrician and spend most of my time these days on genealogy and such, but seeing that no one is jumping in on this I will give my two cents$ It could be normal, electricity is a funny animal. Voltage is pressure just like hydraulics or water in a...
  2. R

Reduced voltage at outlets, and ground test question

mnalep, You have done a lot of work on this circuit, you have isolated the problem to the point that an electrician come come in and fix it with minimal expense. They will have access to any parts that are needed, the knowledge to work in the panel etc. I feel it is time to make that...
  3. R

mnalep, It is my understanding that you have tested for voltage, checked your fixtures for good connections, checked continuity between neutral and ground, and then checked them all again and again. Your tests aren't producing results so it is time to try basic troubleshooting. Talk to your...
  4. R

mnalep, Sorry for the interruption, neighbors stopped over and I didn't finish, they are gone now and it is late. I will make this as brief as possible. If your receptacles are wired correctly and tight and are still showing hot neutral reversed, somewhere prior to that part of the circuit...
  5. R

Hi again, sounds like there are multiple problems, but I stick by my earlier post, until you verify that all connections are correct and tight you will be guessing and so will I. Most voltage problems are because of a loose or missing connection, most common the white or grounded...
  6. R

You say the fuse is good, how good? You might try to replace that first just to be sure.
  7. R

Your situation sounds interesting, A real learning experience. If all other circuits in the house are working properly, then you can assume that only the troubled circuit has a problem, or two. What I would do is to identify all fixtures in this circuit, shut off the breaker and go one by...
  8. R

Shared neutral

Hi all you DIY,ers Here is the problem with a shared neutral: Virtually all current that exits a transformer will return to the transformer. There are only two ways that I know of that this can occur. Transformers have multiple taps, single phase transformers used for residential power...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks