Search results

1. smokinjoe

Radiant under thick slab...

Thank u ..Corrected now
  2. smokinjoe

Radiant under thick slab...

James check out this website www.radiantec.com call one of their techs/engineers they are great for answers......Hope this helped ....Good luck..:)
  3. smokinjoe

Use of Reflectic for infloor radiant heat

See post #4..Any other ideas ??? Just stuck where i am and do with what i can i guess..
  4. smokinjoe

I wish i could put insulation under the planks BUT the guy built it with 2"x8"s for floor joists that rest on the solid (bedrock) ground...I would have to tear the whole floor up and i am not up to that...Also when i lay the PEX tubing out i will only be able to go with 2 inch thick...
  5. smokinjoe

I have a 170 sq.ft.log cabin i want to put infloor radiant heat in..It has a true 1"x12" wood plank floor with one layer of Reflextic (Reflectic=aluminum foil on both sides and 2 layers of air bubbles inbetween)under it....It was suggested to me to put 2 layers of Reflectic on the wooden floor...
  6. smokinjoe

Radiant heating

Electric wires are only good to warm the floor..Not much good to heat the room in cold areas..........
  7. smokinjoe

Radiant heating

You are always to the point..I for one appreciate your inpu on here...Thank u..:)
  8. smokinjoe

closing up my house for two months

Read all the great advice in the above PLUS > Get a heat tape with a thermostat on it and wrap it around your pipes and put some pipe insulation on them..It will turn on at 38 degrees..Remember to ALWAYS drain your lines and air blow them out..Electric can go .out in any area at any time...
  9. smokinjoe

Vapor Barrier questions

Nate check at Home Depot or ******* ect for the toll free numbers of like Owens Corning and other insulating manufacturers and talk to the experts...
  10. smokinjoe

Long hair, tub drain constantly clogs

DON'T cut your hair... I would take out the pull stopper and replace it with a rubber stopper..Also there are nets and/or drain baskets u can buy that will catch the hair..IF u continue to let the hair and other items go into your sewer someday u will have a large roto rooting bill to pay..Good...
  11. smokinjoe

Freeze Problems Bladder Tank?

I am in the Hills of S.D.to be on the safe side i installed a heat tape around the lower half of my tank even though it is drained.. The tape has a built in thermostat which turns on the tape at 38 degrees..Hope this gives u some peace of mind....
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks