Search results

1. M

New well just hit water today! Pump help?

So we've been looking at the CSV website and think that a 34 gallon tank would keep the pump from cycling often and yet cover us in case of an irrigation leak. Input please? We've also set our sights on a 1.5 hp. 19+/- gpm. 4" pump with a Franklin motor but wonder if anyone has a suggestion on...
  2. M

Ok, let me answer as much as I can. And Thanks for your time. -The well is steel cased at 8" to 160' then pvc 6" to 225'. -Static level is not determined yet but as the well is very similar to the neighbors I'd say static is about 150'. -Total depth is 225'. -No rock bore, I think he said...
  3. M

Thanks for the input. The CSV looks way better to me than the Franklin. I'm wondering about tank size now. This well is 500' from the house and 200' the opposite direction to the field. We'll be sending water to the house in 1" pvc and to the field in 1 1/2. Most of the irrigation is...
  4. M

Our well guy just finished drilling today and got us 15gpm at 220ft. It's not as much as we hoped for but will work for our domestic and 3/4 acre mini farm. I'm hoping for some input on the pump detail if anyone help.:confused: I really like the driller but don't have all that much cash to...
  5. M

irrigation flow rate/psi has me completely confused!

Hi, I'm overwhelmed by all the calculators on the rainbird site and really need some help with some simple problems. Hope someone here can help. I'm in the process of having a well drilled and need to figure out how much water we use on irrigation, which isn't all that much. We run one short...
  6. M

Is it ok to bury power line with water pipe?

The Franklin electric site shows a 1hp pump to run 10 amps on max. load. It also says that 8 awg. should work for 990 ft. on the same pump. When I enter 10 amps on the voltage drop calc. for 240V Single phase, 2 conductors per phase in parallel at 720 ft., I get a 2.3 drop on the 8 awg. I'd be...
  7. M

The well is now estimated at 220 ft. but thats subject to change. Voltage drop on 6 awg. for the full distance (500+220) is at 2.2% at 15 amps. I'm still contemplating using 8 awg. which drops 3.5. The power line will be running mostly under our gravel road which doesn't get much heavy...
  8. M

Thanks for the input. Here's a bit more info to chew on: 1- The power line I meant is not pump line but power to the well house, thus the conduit. The pump, tank, control box and fuse will be in a well house about 500 ft. from our nearest power source. The irrigation line from the well house...
  9. M

I'm in Portland, OR and have very little issues with freezing at 2 ft.
  10. M

Newbie question here. Thanks for all the archive info folks! We're going to be trenching the irrigation pipe for our small farm soon. I wasn't sure if its ok to share some of the trench with the electric. The H2o is 2" poly and the power is 6 gauge in 1" pvc conduit. I'm planning to lay...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks