Search results

1. BluesMan

regen question

If a softener with a Clack valve tries to regen while the valve is in by-pass, what will happen? I'm assuming that it won't actually regen, but will anything detrimental happen to the valve? Should another regen be performed after the valve is returned to the normal, non-bypass position...
  2. BluesMan

OK to up the pressure?

My pressure sw. is currently set to 35/55 and I have 33 psi in the pressure tank when empty. Any reason I cant up this to 40/60 to get a bit more pressure to the 2nd floor showers? Thanks
  3. BluesMan

approved drain line material

So I called the local building inspector and talked to him about installing my water softener. I told him that I plan on draining the unit into the floor drain, and he is fine with that, but he said that I must have an air gap of a couple of inches, and I must use an approved material for the...
  4. BluesMan

softener piping question

As mentioned in another post, I am installing a softener with a Clack WS-1 valve. I had intended on making this a 3 valve system so that the softener could be totally bypassed if needed. Is this not a good idea because of the section of piping that will have "dead" water trapped in it...
  5. BluesMan

Female PVC fittings

I just got a softener with the Clack-WS1 valve. The valve has 1" male threads coming out the back of the by-pass. i was planning on using pvc to pipe this in, but I know female pvc adapters are not allowed because they can crack. What can I use to connect up to these male threads? A brass...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks