Search results

1. eldyfig

Losing my resin out the drain hose.

The system is only 3 years old. How do I tell if there was iron? There is some iron in the water from the well. I also noticed a little of the resin was black.
  2. eldyfig

Ok, another update. I didn't lose any resin during the last regen was because the drain was plugged with resin from the preceding regen. So I go ahead and pull the rubber orifice out of the drain port so the resin there can be rinsed out during a backwash. I manually started a regen. The...
  3. eldyfig

Well, I still haven't had a day off. I work 12 hour shifts and live 45 minutes from work. That doesn't leave much time for house work. There does seem to be good news though. The softener regenerated the other day and no resin came out. This makes me think my distributor tube is ok. I will be...
  4. eldyfig

I will when I get some time off, maybe Tuesday. Can I save the resin that is piled up on the ground? Can it be rinsed out? What do you think about those measurements? At what point, after I fix this problem, would my resin level be considered too low? Gary, that could be a possibility with...
  5. eldyfig

For the resin to get in the house would mean that it would have to flow up through the inside of the distributor pipe, correct?
  6. eldyfig

I checked the level in the resin tank. The tank is approximately 41" to the neck. There is about 21" of head space above the resin.
  7. eldyfig

Earlier this week, I noticed I wasn't getting any hot water from the master bath and the shower stall's pressure was low. Both of these are on the other side of the house, farthest from the well, besides the toilet. The rest of the house seems ok. This was what made me check the system a few...
  8. eldyfig

I'm back. Last month I had a problem with my softener filling the brine tank with water during the brine draw phase. Well, I fixed that problem. The thread is here: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?34795-Brine-tank-filling-up-with-too-much-water&highlight= Since February 10th...
  9. eldyfig

Brine tank filling up with too much water

The main piston and seal cage were easy to get to but tough to remove. Got it out and all the o-rings looked good, but there was alot of sliminess. I cleaned everything and reinstalled with no issues. I went back to the drain outlet and removed the drain nipple. The flow was weak there. After a...
  10. eldyfig

Ok. This is what I have. The brine piston came out fine. It has 5 o-rings and they look good. I removed that cap again and pulled the screen, then the injector, and then that next piece. It has two o-rings and loks ok, just dirty.
  11. eldyfig

I really appreciate your help. I removed the screen again and this time I also removed the injector. Some stuff in there, but not plugged. I replaced everything and called it a wrap for the day. I am off again tomorrow. I will try your next suggestion then. What will I be looking for when I...
  12. eldyfig

When I loosened the metal plate, water did squirt out until the pressure relieved. I cleaned the screen real good and replaced it and did a REG on Demand and still the same problems. I will go out there now and try to take out the other part and clean it.
  13. eldyfig

Here is what I found. The screen is definitely dirty and somewhat plugged. Could this be why the brine tank is filling curing wrong stage? Or is this an additional problem. Really looking forward to your reply. I feel like this is progress.
  14. eldyfig

Thank you. I will check it when I get home this evening. I am off the next two days. Hopefully, I will make some good progress.
  15. eldyfig

This is what I found when I took the drain off the control valve. That is a rubber piece in there. I didn't want to poke a small screwdriver in that tiny hole just yet. Is there a screw in there or is there another way to go about it?
  16. eldyfig

Thank you for the replies. I will check the drain control plug when I get home this evening and then let you know what I find.
  17. eldyfig

Good morning everyone. I need a little help with my unit. I have a Culligan Medallist 8" (Model WG844). This unit is outdoors, at my well. It is on a slab, but I haven't built the pump house yet. The unit is three years old. The setup is as follows: I have two pumps/tanks, one pulling from the...
  18. eldyfig

Sta-Rite SND-L 3/4 hp

Points taken. Thanks for your insight.
  19. eldyfig

Sta-Rite SND-L 3/4 hp

I have 2 Sta-Rite 3/4hp pumps at my well; one pulling from the well, the other pulling out of the aerator. I live in southeast Georgia and we had some freezing temps lately. Well, the other night, I fell asleep on the couch and forgot to turn on the water outside to prevent the lines from...
  20. eldyfig

Lawn care

I live in a totally different climate than NY. Down here, I use to fill in any low spots with good topsoil and that was it. During the fall, I would use a winterizer fertilizer from Scotts. But that was down south here on St.Augustine grass. Like Gary mentioned, you might want to speak to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks