Search results

1. tl2tl

In-WALL air return?

I asked this elsewhere, no reply yet... What do you guys think? When our furnace was replaced, the installers put some new ducting in, including this 2nd floor air return duct. Each floor has separate ducting and it’s own furnace. Because this duct butts right against the door trim and...
  2. tl2tl

Water Heater.. BEFORE and AFTER

Ok, I finally received one heater and installed it, still waiting for the second one. I tried the BrassCraft black braided flex connectors but found their threads very flimsy as they strip with minimal force. I ended up using corrugated copper connectors, a hex nipple, a threaded valve...
  3. tl2tl

Another WASTE pipe question

Looks like a short vertical "T" section has rusted through. There is no leaking and no smell for now, but I figure it's only going to get worse, so I'd like to do something about it sooner rather than later. The top and bottom pipes have no give. I also don't think the capped "T" will be...
  4. tl2tl

FLEXIBLE copper pipe?

I'm thinking of connecting 3/4" flexible copper piping from gas HW tank to the solid copper piping above for both hot and cold. The connections will be about 1 1/2 to 2 feet long. Provided they are not kinked when installed, has anyone had any negative experience with this type of flexible...
  5. tl2tl

Any advantage to TOP mounted T&P Valve?

Some gas water heaters have an OPTIONAL top T&P valve location. Is there any advantage in getting one of these? T&P Valve looking at two sides.
  6. tl2tl

VENTING one GHT into another ?

I will be installing 2 gas heaters side by side, one supplying the lower level and the other the upper. Either one or both will require a 4" vent pipe. The 4" vent pipe from the furthest tank will be just about 4 feet long to the chimney. I was thinking of venting the other tank (which...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks