Search results

1. MikeVila

New vanity, waste smell.

I have a manufactured home with ABS plumbing and it used an AV in place of a vent. I replymbed it basically exactly as it was before. The only difference is I used a shielded no-hub connector to transition to PVC. I now smell sewer gas and can't figure it out. I can stick my nose at top of sink...
  2. MikeVila

Who to call for code?

Who do you call to ask if something is allowed or code legal in your area? Can you just call a plumbing business and ask or do they not like that? Just don't know who your supposed to call to ask a question like that? I want to call and find out if I can use transition cement for ABS to pvc or...
  3. MikeVila

Tub overflow/drain?

I have a Lasco corner whirlpool. I bought a tub overflow/drain assembly and it isn't gonna work. It is adjustable (slip) fittings but it still won't be right. I thought they were all pretty much standard?
  4. MikeVila

Other options for whirlpool surround?

What are some other options other than tile for the whirlpool surround. I was going to tile the deck and use 3/4" Oak for the face. Would it be alright to use 3/4" Oak for the deck too? What are some other ideas you guys have used?
  5. MikeVila

ABS transition cement?

When using the transition cement for use of ABS to PVC just use a cleaner and then the cement on both? Don't use any purple primer correct? I believe ABS you can't use the purple primer? So just clean thoroughly and cement?
  6. MikeVila

Backerboard Question

When building a whirlpool/tub surround and you want to tile the deck do you lay down plywood and cementboard or can I just screw the cementboard directly to the framing. What is the common dimensions to use for the deck? As far as 1/2 or 3/4"? I am building it completely out of 2x6 lumber and...
  7. MikeVila

Relocating drain! Look good?

I am installing a whirlpool with a different drain location than my previous corner tub in my manufactured home. The drain will only be about 36" away from original. Will this work. I have attached a drawing of my plan. If so when I cut into the 2" ABS will the pipe move enough laterally to slip...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks