Search results

1. John H. Power

Is this normal in the shower drain?

Thanks for the response. I guess I will go buy a hand snake and see if that resolves the situation.
  2. John H. Power

Is this normal in the shower drain?

Last week I had a situation where the tub in one bathroom and the shower in the other had been draining slower than normal. Then neither toilet would flush and water was actually coming out from under the base of both toilets when I tried to flush . I called the plumber and he discovered an...
  3. John H. Power

Have sprinkler head output but need to irrigate narrow strip

I am offended by this comment. I read the answer and immediately did as suggested. I was told about a special sprinkler head you can buy that you insert a valve into that restricts the water pattern. It was called an end cap. So to say that I am a jerk for not posting again is offensive. I...
  4. John H. Power

Have sprinkler head output but need to irrigate narrow strip

I have a narrow strip I need to irrigate. About 3 feet wide and 20 feet long. I removed the sprinkler head which was a throw head that was rotating 180 degrees so I was wasting a lot of water since most of the rotation was irrigating my brick driveway before either side of the strip got...
  5. John H. Power

What are the square cutouts in a bathroom sink drain for?

Thanks for the response. It is an Aquasource model F5120000NP. It was on sale at Lowes. A new faucet shouldn't have defective cylinders.
  6. John H. Power

What are the square cutouts in a bathroom sink drain for?

It obvious I'm a non-plumber to ask a question like this:D I just replaced my bathroom faucet and am in the process of also replacing the pop-up drain. I noticed that the drain tube that connects to the pipe below has several square-shaped cut-outs just above the threads that accept the nut...
  7. John H. Power

Ballcock assembly shuts off water then it starts again ???

Thanks for the quick reply. Will I be able to replace just the flapper itself? I saw replacements in Lowes. Incidentally I am a lawyer in this life. In my next one I want to be a plumber. Sometimes no matter how hard we try we still lose. At least you guys get to take something that is...
  8. John H. Power

Ballcock assembly shuts off water then it starts again ???

I have an older style toilet. It has the overflow tube in the middle of the tank and the ballcock assembly to the left as you look at it. It was constantly running and in order to stop it temporarily I had to physically lift the rod that holds the bulb. I figured there was a problem with...
  9. John H. Power

Toilet moves around

OK. Thanks. I will not try and do anything myself. I popped off the cats and the bolts seemed tight.
  10. John H. Power

Toilet moves around

Please excuse my ignorance on these matters. While I can try a murder case I know next to nothing about plumbing hence my question. This is so basic that I am sure most of you will laugh but I need to ask it. I noticed yesterday that my toilet actually tilted slightly. My other one is a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks