Search results

1. pbaker

Sioux Chief PEX

Yea. It seems like they are trying to do that. Sucks. I have tried the new plastic fittings. I am hoping they work better. I am sure it will not be long again until the next ones fail. Guess, I am one of those suckers they screwed. Will have to deal with the issues as they happen. I...
  2. pbaker

Sioux Chief PEX

Much Appreciated direction, Yank. Stamp on the side says CPI Pex - NSF or something. It is very corroded on ones I have been able to access so far and replace. Could not even read the sides on the first few that failed. Are these stamps Uponor? Paul
  3. pbaker

Sioux Chief PEX

I just had my fourth brass or copper Pex fitting crack and burst open. This time, it was in my attic and leaked for about 10 minutes before being cut off. It flooded bedroom, laundry, & started into kitchen when realized. To put it mildly... It is a nightmare. My house is 9 years old and I have...
  4. pbaker

PEX pipe problems

I just had my fourth brass or copper PEX fitting crack and burst open. This time, it was in my attic and leaked for about 10 minutes before being cut off. It flooded bedroom, laundry, & started into kitchen when realized. To put it mildly... It is a nightmare. My house is 9 years old and I...
  5. pbaker

PEX - Yea or Nay?

PEX problems Thanx. Their problem is with the same brand, NIBCO Durapex. My problem is something with our well water and brass fittings. Seems like the tubing is fine (as far as I can tell). The brass fittings corrode and then fracture. I was just hoping someone had this experience...
  6. pbaker

PEX - Yea or Nay?

pex problems I have had 3 failures with pex fittings over the last 7 years. Each of them at the pipes coming in from a well to the water heater. The first was the T fitting coming into the water heater. The next was the 90 coming out of the water heater. Each of these we caught with minimal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks