Search results

1. Walt

Easy Wet Vent question???

Right, this is in the same joist bay. The lav will need to come through an adjacent joist to get into that bay, and I was afraid I wouldn't have much space overhead if I bore the joist. But being right by the beam, I suppose I could let the drain rest on the beam and then notch the bottom of the...
  2. Walt

Thanks Wayne, 2- No. There's a beam in the way just before the wye. Angling that last section a bit more than normal might work. Or using 22.5s.
  3. Walt

Hi all, I'm building a small 140 sq ft detached guest room and have what I hope are a couple easy questions about wet vent for its bathroom group. I found lots of diagrams, but none quite identical to what I'm planning. (see attachment). Long narrow bathroom with shower at one end and WC on the...
  4. Walt

Rebuild a toilet stop valve?

OK, so I took apart one of the old valves and swapped in the guts of the new Brass Craft valve and everything seems to fit just fine. The old shaft and screw was brass, and the new is plastic, but seems to be designed to the same spec. I can't speak for knock-off valves, but apparently the guts...
  5. Walt

Yeah, being a DIY hack has a few advantages... if I spend a couple hours trying to short-cut it and it doesn't work out, my customer is still grateful that the two wasted hours weren't spent in a sports bar or whatever.;) Terry, thanks so much for hosting this forum. Information and...
  6. Walt

Ah, thanks for the tip on the washer. That may explain what happened with one of the old toilets. When we moved in, it took about 45 min to refill after a flush. I planned to replace all of the toilets, so never bothered to fix it or figure it out. But I bet it was a chunk of washer in the...
  7. Walt

Thanks everybody. I didn't consider compression fittings! I guess that's a pretty good option, but I have had mixed success with them in the past. I've had a couple go on misaligned on me and wound up with a mess on my hands. But I was younger and more hasty then... I've taken a closer look...
  8. Walt

Hi all, sorry if this is a dumb question. I searched a little while and didn't find any related information. My new (to me...) house has copper plumbing. I have some soldered-on toilet stop valves that are apparently from the late '80's when the house was built. In replacing the toilets...
  9. Walt

Gerber Avalanche toilet product review

Another Avalanche Report... Ok, my experience is limited... but I can report on a standard height elongated Gerber Avalanche after only a week of use. It's a very good toilet: no discernable flaws in mine, no complaints. Price comparable to the Drake ($250 at a local plumbing supply) and it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks