Search results

1. crabapplemcn

Dimming Low Volt Undercabinet

Thatguy Yes they will be led's
  2. crabapplemcn

Thanks Jad The strips I am getting are various wattage (1-6) and are all 24DC Voltage. So you're saying I will need a 24V transformer? Will the low voltage wiring run by my electrician from the transformer to under cabs be sufficient to work these lights at 24dc volts? thanks
  3. crabapplemcn

I am not savvy with electrical and had a question about my set up. In new construction I currently have a switch controlling 2 outlets, one over each of 2 cabinet banks. There I will either plug in or hardwire the transformers (2). I then have low voltage wire running from those outlets...
  4. crabapplemcn

Comparing trane Furnaces

I am building a house with the 2nd floor zoned off from the main floor/basement. The standard furnace is the Trane XR90. I can upgrade to Trane XL90 for $450. I know little about furnaces and was wondering what is the difference b/w these two and is it worth it to upgrade. Here are links to...
  5. crabapplemcn

Landscape LIghting Brands

I wanted to do some low voltage path/flood lights outside my house and wanted some advice on good brands or online sources for good metal lights. I don't want really expensive ones but a step above Malibu/Big Box store kits. Thanks
  6. crabapplemcn

Ceiling Fan Options

I am buying a fan and there are a couple option for bulbs/ controls I dont understand and was looking for some help. The light kit options are: - 75w halogen ambient light - 18w gu24 compact flourescent What is the difference and which one will give more light, this is in a vaulted ceiling...
  7. crabapplemcn

Under Cabinet Lighting with Transformer

If doing Led or Xenon lighting, how exactly is the wiring done. Is a switch wired to an outlet which the transformer is plugged into? If so, where is the transformer typically placed? Then the lights are strung from the transformer I assume? What if I have a kitchen with cabinets on 2 walls but...
  8. crabapplemcn

Celing Fan wiring

I am building new construction and will have an electrician hard wire but will install ceiling fan myself. I wanted to have 2 wall switches control the fan. One to control the light and another (knob) to control the various speeds of the fan. Is that possible and if so, how does it need to be...
  9. crabapplemcn

Question on Replacing Faucets

Mike I can look into it. The builder makes you use their sub, who marks up any upgraded faucet. For example, kitchen faucet I like I can get for $330 online. They are charging me $480 upgrade + deduction of standard faucet (roughly $50) or $530 for same faucet. they claim it's installed price...
  10. crabapplemcn

Question on Replacing Faucets

I am building with a builder and just had my plumbing selections meeting. They want to charge me $100-150 more per faucet than buying online. So i was considering having them just put in the cheap stuff (already in contract) and replace them myself. A couple quesitons: 1. What do I need to...
  11. crabapplemcn

Compact frige question

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, and if not, any other forums/discussion suggestions would be appreciated. I wanted to put a compact fridge for mostly beverages in a built-in bar area. There are built in "beverage centers" that holds drinks, many of which get complaints...
  12. crabapplemcn

Led Landscape light kits

Do you have any suggestions/ leads as to where to get outdoor LED landscape kits that include flood light and either walkway lights or in ground well lights.
  13. crabapplemcn

Rain shower copper size

I am building a new home and 1/2" copper is the standard line to the shower. If I wanted to make sure I get really good water pressure, would moving up to a 3/4" line help or is the flow restricted by the showerhead. The rain shower head I was interested in has a 2.5 gpm flow rate. Thanks
  14. crabapplemcn

Trough Drain in Shower

Has anyone had experience installing a trough drain into a shower similar to the link below? This would be for new construction. Any ideas where to start looking for products? thanks http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmcminn/2335763539/
  15. crabapplemcn

LED outdoor lighting requirements

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. Would the set up be basically the same if I was planning to do flood lights/walkway light in the front of the house that are switch controlled also? Any suggestions for best places to look for outdoor lights, specifically LED? thanks again
  16. crabapplemcn

LED outdoor lighting requirements

I am building a new house and after the house is complete I want to add some outdoor, in-ground led lighting around a back patio and walkway. One product I was looking at is a 1.5w 12v lamp. I have a couple questions. 1. If I want to install say 10 lights in the ground, what other equipment...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks