Search results

1. wallyworld

How to Construct a Solar Water Heater

I have 2, 3 by 8 collectors, one soft tank, and one differential controller that have been in operation since 1991. Its a drain back system with a 007 Taco bronze pump. I have had a homemade heat exchanger leak in the tank from using copper wire to tie it up. Other than that, the system has had...
  2. wallyworld

Fabricating A Header For Solar Collector WIthout Reducing T's

What happens when you add glycol to the system? No Burst or some other brand made for heating sysytems
  3. wallyworld

I don't understand your last comment, why would uping the pressure make it go thru only 30% of the tubes? Seems if every thing is equal it wouldn't matter. I would think one would want the fluid flow to be slow enough to get maximum heat transfer anyway?
  4. wallyworld

I plan on building the collectors shown at www.Builditsolar.com, I emailed Gary about that same thing and he said 1/2 is alot cheaper and works fine. I'm going to use mine for heating a slab and will build mine bigger as I'm building them into a south facing wall. I'm worried about pressure...
  5. wallyworld

The picture says it all!

Thats the worst thing you've ever seen?
  6. wallyworld

Installing a Wood Stove

I'd go with a Jotul, had several, great stoves. I heat with wood, oil backup.
  7. wallyworld

mold testing

Someone actually said granite countertops would cause a radon problem in a home?
  8. wallyworld

Whole House Humidifier

Also in colder climes, the higher the humidity, the higher the temp where warm moist air will turn to water in your wall and attic insulation
  9. wallyworld

pinholes in copper

You need a specific test rig to check the resistance of a ground rod to the ground. I've never seen it done, most electricians would just drive 2 rods to meet code.
  10. wallyworld

what kind of tubing for a radiant floor

2 inches under the slab and 2 inches on the perimeter of the slab is the plan so far. With multiple zones do I need a pump for each zone?
  11. wallyworld

Thanks again What I'm trying to do is build a shop. Its going to be slab on grade, 34 by 30, one 10 by 10 insulated overhead door. A few windows, not many though for security reasons, one 3 ft entry door. It will be well insulated, 12 foot walls. R 33 walls and R 44 ceiling. I'll probably put a...
  12. wallyworld

Thanks for the reply I heard a rule of thumb, one foot of pex per square foot of slab, sound correct? What size tubing should I use?
  13. wallyworld

Hi I'm planning on building a shop, 30 by 34, slab on grade. I want to install tubing for a radiant heat in the slab. What do you guys recommend for the tubing? I see all kind of different kinds of Pex tubing, so I'm not sure what kind?
  14. wallyworld

First post - photos of basement DWV project

He didn't do the work, a plumber did
  15. wallyworld

Solar water heater

Here's a good site, might be some answers? http://builditsolar.com/
  16. wallyworld

Oil Hot Water Heater Shuts off every two days! Help!

There is a single oil line that tees off to each unit? That doesn't seem right, if one was on and the other off it could suck air from the off unit. Must be some check valves in there?
  17. wallyworld

Questions for the Electrical Guru

I have no clue what the taps are doing but he said it was feeding a heat pump, I assumed it was 230 volt load, thats why I asked about the 4 wire. It doesn't need a 4 wire to do what it was originally intended to do and thats run a heat pump. Probably ought to have a 90 amp breaker also:D
  18. wallyworld

Questions for the Electrical Guru

If its only feeding a 230 volt load why does it have to be a 4 wire cable?
  19. wallyworld

DIY Electrical

So manufacturers can sell more crap?
  20. wallyworld

Sillcock blues. . .

no, that won't work. Just solder the new ones and don't burn your house down;)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks