Search results

1. Cort

Solar water panel repair on roof

Solar water panel repair on roof Question for experts I posted this on the solar forum and was told to post it here I have a pinhole leak at one of the risers coming off the header in the silver solder joint-topside on a 4x8 panel on roof. I'm going to take off the glass clean it well with a...
  2. Cort

Its a direct heat water system and its drained and dry now and I have marked the pinhole. I do know that silver solder needs a special flux but do not have it yet or know exactly what it is as well as what exact solder to use? This system has been functioning well since the early 80's. Mark
  3. Cort

I have a pinhole leak at one of the risers coming off the header in the silver solder joint-topside on a 4x8 panel on roof. I'm going to take off the glass clean it well with emory cloth flux it then silver solder with my acetylene B tank prestolite torch small tip I have not silver soldered in...
  4. Cort

Gravity Hot Water Recirculating Loop Questions

Mine would be potable hot water loop-and yes I'd put in a check valve on the loop. I have an older open (sunspool) loop solar system feeding an 80 gallon solar tank feeding the hot water heater the past 24 years.I would only use S/S or bronze pumps. Cort
  5. Cort

Any suggestions on what brand of pump for a pumped recirculation system ?I would like to hook it to a timer for optimum times. I have a spare grunfus or taco from a solar system I took out -or are there better options now?. Cort
  6. Cort

I have a single story house-will it work? My water heater/solar shed is above the level of house hot water lines-will this system work for me- as the hot water has to drop under the level of the water heater to get under the house My water heater already has a ball valve on outlet/drain so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks