Search results

1. geogridshorthair

Grohe Thermostatic shower valve issue

The Back Story: We had a water softener where the tank of resin ruptured and sent tiny resin pellets throughout the plumbing lines. A plumber was called in to flush all our lines, but he failed to take apart the shower valve in the extra bath. Our problem: When using this shower we get hot...
  2. geogridshorthair

Need a Water Softner! Which One?

Gary, thanks for your support to this thread. I have learned enough about water softeners from reading your dialog. i would like to propose my situation to you and have you tell me which of your systems is reasonable for my project. i want soft water in my hunting cabin. one person once...
  3. geogridshorthair

need help with my new GE electric WH

power to tank was turned off. thanks for your reply. steve
  4. geogridshorthair

Thanks MacPlumb, When i first pressured that system I distinctly remember opening the outside hose bib to flush the air out of the system before powering the water heater. However, i did not flush the hot side since none of my sinks were finished. So there might have been air in the hot side...
  5. geogridshorthair

Cacher-chick, thank you for responding. all my electrical is new. the breakers are Murray and working just right. next time i go to the cabin (2 weeks) i'll bring my DVM and do a through check on the electrical stuff. steve
  6. geogridshorthair

Thanks Cass. I will check those connections next time I'm at the cabin. steve
  7. geogridshorthair

hj, Thanks for the response. I know the sniffer just detects AC and can not tell me what the voltage or current is. I have no reason to believe that there is any less than the 220V. However, when I return to the cabin in two weeks I will bring my Fluke and will test both voltage and...
  8. geogridshorthair

Cass, Should I check current at the connection comming into the unit, or at each electrode? I have a good digital Fluke DVM, and I understand the difference between current and voltage. My guess is that the unit should be pulling about 30A at the power into the unit if both electrodes are...
  9. geogridshorthair

Thanks Cass, The unit is 220V and I did the wireing. I know there is power to the unit cause I checked that with my "sniffer", both red and black were HOT. However, I did not check the wires at each electrode for power. I only check them for tightness. I also checked the breaker on the WH and...
  10. geogridshorthair

Redwood, Thank you for your reply. The unit is powered and the thermostats on the WH are set to 125F. I'm not sure what a tempering valve is or where to look for it. However, the unit provided hot water when i installed it about a month ago. Since it is a hunting cabin I only go there...
  11. geogridshorthair

just purchased a new GE electric WH for my hunting cabin and after 4 weeks it does not produce hot water. my cabin has VERY hard water greater than 25 grains (425ppm) and very high water pressure. when i installed it there was excellent hot water. i have only taken 4 showers and today...
  12. geogridshorthair

Please help with indentifying this fixture

response to seweratz thanks seweratz, Unfortunetly there is not an access panel behind the wall. The other side is a tiled coffin shower. Once i'm sure i can get parts i will start the project. i'm sure there is no shut off valves on the valve body so i have to turn the water off at the...
  13. geogridshorthair

old fixtures thanks to all who have replied. I'm in San Jose, CA. I will look more closely for a set-screw, thanks. If I can find parts I will replace all the trim, but if you are suggesting that I remove tile to replace the valve body, that would be hard to do because the tile is so...
  14. geogridshorthair

I need to find parts (washers, seats, etc.) for this old fixture. It is dripping and before I shut off the water main to disassemble I would like to know what brand I'm dealing with. These might be original fixtures from 1939. In addition, how do I remove the handles, I don't see a...
  15. geogridshorthair

Low Water Pressure in Shower/Tub - HELP!

all this sybil stuff is confusing A couple of weeks ago I was reading this thread looking for help on my shower that had low volume. After reading the info on takeashower.com I linked to their web site and purchased the hand-held and the sink faucet products. After buying their products I...
  16. geogridshorthair

help repairing shower valves

not in the shower head The first thing I did was remove the shower head and clean it in vinegar. That was the easy thing to do. I had spent some time trying to remove the handles (pulling, twisting and swearing). The strange thing is; now the pressue is significantly better. If there was...
  17. geogridshorthair

thanks with the help on these hj, you are probably right; they're Grohe Classic. Probably the 25540 00. Using the extension too. Now i just need to find a place to order the parts from, any suggestions? BTW, this site is great. I had to rebuild a Grohe thermostatic valve at my inlaws...
  18. geogridshorthair

i can not figure out how to disassemble these valves. there is no set screw to remove the handles. i get very low water pressure from this shower while i have good pressure from every where else in the house. house was built about 1993. home depot and a quality plumbing supply store...
  19. geogridshorthair

help needed with grohe wax cartridge install

i got it worked out Howard, i did write grohe america via email and they responded early today, they also took my phone call. i turns out that the existing cartridge is a "reversed" cartridge. the original installer had installed the valve body upside down or reversed the hot/cold lines...
  20. geogridshorthair

help needed with grohe wax cartridge install

Help, i have an older grohe shower fixture with the two stop valves and the wax cartridge (auto temperature control). i purchased new stop valves (part #08355) and the wax cartridge (part# 47 111). i reinstalled all three parts without much trouble but i can not seem to control the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks