Search results

1. statin

Suggestions solving flame blow back sensor tripping

Fitter30, thanks for your reply. No difference in the match flame test with the blower on or off. The flame seemed to tilt back out the exchanger tube. I am thinking maybe the easiest flow of heat from the match? I have pulled the burners out and cleaned them. This year they do appear to...
  2. statin

Suggestions for Furnace and Hydronic Heating

fitter30, thanks for your reply. I do not know much about the infloor. The person who installed it is someone who I am going to get a quote from and can get that info. All flooring with radiant is carpet or tile. I believe that is ok. There are two sections, one is for the garage and the...
  3. statin

Suggestions for Furnace and Hydronic Heating

I just posted about a furnace issue I am having but this post is to get some suggestions on the possibility of replacing the furnace with a unit that could also heat infloor. Or is it better to have two separate heat sources. I don't really know the pros and cons of a single unit or two...
  4. statin

Can't figure out how to delete this post. Please ignore and see images in next post.
  5. statin

Hello and thanks ahead of time for any responses. I am the second owner of this home with a 13 year old Amana Distinctions furnace that has started to trip the flame blow back safety switch and throw a code of 6 blinking led. I have had the unit opened while running and also while viewing in...
  6. statin

Rainbird sprinkler valve to be used for flush valve?

LLigetfa, what kind of filter are you using? Backwashing three times a week seems like a lot? I was hoping to only backwash twice weekly at most. What have you done to determine needing the three times weekly? Do you have anything after the iron filter? One more question what are you using...
  7. statin

Sorry I have jumped onto another project and have not got back on here in a while. This is the device I am trying to emulate. http://www.claritywaterproducts.com/product/auto-drain-valve-for-sand-traps/ I have not purchased the sand filter yet but this is kinda what I was thinking of...
  8. statin

I am in the process of setting up a iron filter and watersoftener in a new home. I was considering using a rainbow automatic controller with two valves to open and close one valve for flushing a sand/particulate filter and the the second valve to flush the contact/settleing tank. Does anyone...
  9. statin

Questions on plumbing layout

Hello and thanks in advance for any response. I just bough a new home and want to install a iron filter and water softener. I plan to use either chlorine or H2O2 injection with carbon filter and then a softener. My first question is if you guys were going to build this system what would be...
  10. statin

Centaur Carbon Filter ?'s

I am in the planning stages for a similar install as the OP. Would using an old water heater for retention tank be ok? If not what kind of tank? Thanks, John
  11. statin

Centaur Carbon Filter ?'s

Hello, I am curious how this project turned out. I actually am planning a similar project and surprised to find someone doing the same. If by any chance if the OP could either PM or post his results. Thanks, John
  12. statin

Cloudy Water Problem

Its been a few years and I actually figured out what the problem was. My ice maker crapped out. I bought a new one and when the old one was out I noticed pitting and flakes of aluminum I could scrape off. Dumped the flakes in the glass and boy they look similar. So maybe you guys should check...
  13. statin

Pre or Post Brine Tank Fill

I have the WS1 EE controller... So, looking at the Clack WS1 manual it has programming for both the CS and EE controller. In the EE section there is no mention about how to set up for a pre or post brine tank fill. I would like to do a pre fill because I am worried about a salt bridge forming...
  14. statin

Pre or Post Brine Tank Fill

I remember a discussion a year or more ago about pre or post regeneration brine tank filling. I can't find the post any chance someone can tell me the advantage of each? Thanks GD
  15. statin

Cloudy Water Problem

Post Continue The fifth glass is RO filtered water taken from the tap (not filtered by PUR/Whirlpool filter) and frozen, then melted (contains flakes) The RO filters are less than 3 months old. They are WATTS brand. The PUR/Whirlpool filter is about 2 weeks old. I have a glass if...
  16. statin

Cloudy Water Problem

I am having a problem with cloudy flakes in my drinking water. I have a Watts Premier reverse osmosis filtration system that supplies filtered water to my refrigerator and a faucet on the kitchen sink. On occasion I will get a hard slightly yellowish flake or chip in my water. This I believe...
  17. statin

Salt Build Up Around Water Softener?

OK, I guess it is a leak I just got back from a trip so I will look into it. I am in the southwest so I imagine that the reason I don't see any fluid is that it dries quickly. I must have a pretty significant leak because that accumulation is only about a month old. Thanks for your replies.
  18. statin

Salt Build Up Around Water Softener?

So I keep getting this salt crystal build up around my water softener and not sure why. I don't see any leaks. It is never wet. Initially I had the softener on the concrete and when I noticed it forming I put the softener on some plywood. Here is a pic and any info is appreciated. If it...
  19. statin

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Problem with install I just installed the new kit from American and when I fired the hotwater heater up I heard popping and could see water droplets popping and flying around. I don't think it could be the hot water heater. Would this be water accumulation in the gas line? Any replies are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks