Search results

1. richard8

Brasscraft quarter turn angle stop question

I have a question regarding Brass craft quarter turn angle stops. This is for the following part numbers: KTCR19X C 1/2” nom compression x 3/8” OD compression, chrome plated KTCR39X C 1/2” nom compression x 1/2” OD compression, chrome plated G2CR39X CD 1/2” nom compression x 1/2” OD...
  2. richard8

Brasscraft Quarter turn angle stop valves

I have heard that many Brasscraft quarter turn angle stops are plastic instead of metal. Are plastic turning balls effective.
  3. richard8

Angle stop valve is stuck in the ON position

I have 1/4 turn angle stops in both kitchen and bathroom. These valves are approximately nine years old. The brand name is Keeney for the kitchen and Brasscraft for the bathroom. I was planning on changing the faucets. However, I had noticed the HOT water sides for both Keeney and Brasscraft...
  4. richard8

Simple installation of toilet fill valve, either Korky or fluidmaster

Hello, I have a question regarding installing a new fill valve for my toilet. Please let me know of any suggestions. I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. My actual supply line nut is made of metal. For the flange lock nut that holds the stem of the fill valve. This...
  5. richard8

Any recommendations for a small pin hole leak a/c

Hello, I have a Rheem 5 ton residential a/c condenser unit that sits outside the house. This unit and all the similar ones in this neighborhood are approximately 20 years old. This type of a/c condenser uses standard R-22 type freon. This needs to be recharged after 25 - 28 months with...
  6. richard8

Rheem 5 ton a/c condenser - small pin hole leak

Hello, I have a Rheem 5 ton residential a/c condenser unit that sits outside the house. This unit and all the similar ones in this neighborhood are approximately 19-20 years old. This type of a/c condenser uses standard R-22 type freon. I had this unit charged up with approximately six...
  7. richard8

Price Pfister - Single Push/Pull Shower stem valve

Hello, Does anyone know the process or instructions to remove this item. I believe it is an Avante model from price pfister. I do not want to cause damage to piping behind the tile wall surface. Do I need to remove any clips. Thanks for any information or advice...
  8. richard8

An expansion tank - for water heater - California region.

Hello, Regarding houses in the California area. Has anyone used or installed an expansion tank with a water heater installation. What is the size of this, and is this a requirement. I have not seen any neighbors near me perform this installation. Thanks
  9. richard8

Washing machine hoses - has anyone heard of PEX

Hello, Has anyone heard of PEX washing machine hoses. Are these hoses reliable. As for example 10-12 years of trouble free service. Anyone heard of failures, problems or leaks. PEX Washing Machine Supply Hook-Up Thanks.
  10. richard8

Thermal expanstion tank for water heater

For the Arizona California region. Where the temperature is between 39 - 102 degrees F, do you need a thermal expansion tank. Thanks.
  11. richard8

Floodchek washing machine hoses. (Still in business?)

Hello, Has anyone experienced or used floodchek washing machine hoses. Also, how do you like them. Thanks. http://www.floodchek.com/
  12. richard8

Washing machine hose replacement time frame - braided steel vs. black rubber

:confused:Hello, How often do you need to replace the two washing machine hoses. I read this for black rubber hoses " clients that they examine their washing machine hoses on a regular basis and keep a record of the date of those inspections. If your current washing machine hoses are...
  13. richard8

Pan for a water heater - regular 50 gallon tank

Hello, When replacing a water heater. Am I suppose to purchase a pan from Lowes or Home Depot for a new installation. Also, should this pan be made out of plastic or metal. I have seen new installs without pans, and with pans. Also, the pan sits directly under the water heater with no...
  14. richard8

When do you need to replace a water heater

Hello, When do you need to replace a water heater. I had spoken to plumber and he mentioned after 16 years. He said some water heaters last as long as 30 but others fail after six (6) years. What do I need to look for, i.e. failure signs, or other visual things to look for. I currently...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks