Search results

1. richard8

Brasscraft quarter turn angle stop question

I have a question regarding Brass craft quarter turn angle stops. This is for the following part numbers: KTCR19X C 1/2” nom compression x 3/8” OD compression, chrome plated KTCR39X C 1/2” nom compression x 1/2” OD compression, chrome plated G2CR39X CD 1/2” nom compression x 1/2” OD...
  2. richard8

Brasscraft Quarter turn angle stop valves

I have heard that many Brasscraft quarter turn angle stops are plastic instead of metal. Are plastic turning balls effective.
  3. richard8

Angle stop valve is stuck in the ON position

I have 1/4 turn angle stops in both kitchen and bathroom. These valves are approximately nine years old. The brand name is Keeney for the kitchen and Brasscraft for the bathroom. I was planning on changing the faucets. However, I had noticed the HOT water sides for both Keeney and Brasscraft...
  4. richard8

Simple installation of toilet fill valve, either Korky or fluidmaster

flange and nut torque. Thanks for your help. Is it tightent to snug then add 1/4 turn.
  5. richard8

Simple installation of toilet fill valve, either Korky or fluidmaster

Hello, I have a question regarding installing a new fill valve for my toilet. Please let me know of any suggestions. I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. My actual supply line nut is made of metal. For the flange lock nut that holds the stem of the fill valve. This...
  6. richard8

Any recommendations for a small pin hole leak a/c

Hello, I have a Rheem 5 ton residential a/c condenser unit that sits outside the house. This unit and all the similar ones in this neighborhood are approximately 20 years old. This type of a/c condenser uses standard R-22 type freon. This needs to be recharged after 25 - 28 months with...
  7. richard8

Rheem 5 ton a/c condenser - small pin hole leak

Hello, What is the approximate cost of a 5 ton 13 seer, R410A unit condensor costs. What is costs with thermal expansion valve, new copper tubing, and evaporative coils. If the leak, i.e. pin hole is .0001 or smaller, and it takes 30 months to go to empty. Is stop leaks an alternative.
  8. richard8

Thanks, The furnace portion is an 11 year old Lennox, 100k BTU, in the attic of a two story house. The condenser, is a Rheem 19-20 year old 5 ton unit. Installed for all the houses in this neighborhood in 1992-1993. The furnace was replaced under warranty due to fire damage lawsuit 11...
  9. richard8

Thanks, Is the information you mentioned valid for California state laws. What if the small .0001 " inch or less diameter hole is behind the stucco wall. Not in the condenser, or outside the house. You are correct about R-22 pricing, it is usually tripled by the time it gets to the...
  10. richard8

Hello, I have a Rheem 5 ton residential a/c condenser unit that sits outside the house. This unit and all the similar ones in this neighborhood are approximately 19-20 years old. This type of a/c condenser uses standard R-22 type freon. I had this unit charged up with approximately six...
  11. richard8

Price Pfister - Single Push/Pull Shower stem valve

soak with vinegar hello, Do you soak the portion inside the valve with vinegar. What about the theads.
  12. richard8

Do you use vinegar for soaking the stem portion. Then use something else for the threads.
  13. richard8

Hello, Does anyone know the process or instructions to remove this item. I believe it is an Avante model from price pfister. I do not want to cause damage to piping behind the tile wall surface. Do I need to remove any clips. Thanks for any information or advice...
  14. richard8

An expansion tank - for water heater - California region.

pressure regulator valve (PRV) - Do I need an expansion tank for California regison Please correct me if I am wrong. The pressure regulator valve sits outside the house. Here is a picture, If I have a pressure regulator, Do I need an expansion tank with a water heater installation. I...
  15. richard8

Thermal expansion tank - California region Thanks for all the responses. I have seen over a dozen water heater intalled. However, I have not seen anyone with a thermal expansion tank. I have even seen professional install by the big named store (H***) depot. and I have not seen an...
  16. richard8

Hello, Regarding houses in the California area. Has anyone used or installed an expansion tank with a water heater installation. What is the size of this, and is this a requirement. I have not seen any neighbors near me perform this installation. Thanks
  17. richard8

Floodchek washing machine hoses. (Still in business?)

Floodchek hose installation Thanks for all your help and advice. Floodchek hose installation was completed over the 2011 Christmas New year Holidays. The distance between the wall and washing machine is about 6.75 inches. This would allow for a minium bend radius.
  18. richard8

Floodchek washing machine hoses. (Still in business?)

Floodchek hose installation Hello, Do you use the right angle 90 degree goose neck connection at the water valve. Also, is the hose attachment to the washing machine hand torque + 1/4 turn, since washing machine outlet is plastic threaded fitting. Thanks
  19. richard8

When do you need to replace a water heater

When do you need to replace a water heater - add drain pan Hello, Has anyone heard of adding a gas sediment trap to water heaters for the Southern California area. How much does this costs. Also, what are the size constraints. Thank you
  20. richard8

Gas Water Heater-When To replace

Hello, Therefore, what is the maximum life of a Bradford White water heater. I have seen some neighbors still have one that is 19 years old. Only replace water heater when leaking, or when it reaches 18 years old. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks