Search results

1. GreekGuy7

Tub spout nipple

I have a galvanized nipple for a tub spout that is leaking right by where it screws into the elbow in the wall which goes to the tub valve. what are the chances that will unscrew from the elbow? eazy-out or internal pipe wrench? too short to grab onto it with a pipe wrench. if it wont budge...
  2. GreekGuy7

Kitchen shutoff valve sizes

Kitchen shutoff valve sizes Author: greekguy7 (IL) I went to put in a Moen faucet that had the supply lines already attached: 3/8" compression connection at the end of them which is very typical application. It turns out the shutoff valves I had in there were 1/2"compression on the end. Darn...
  3. GreekGuy7

Water heater not always firing

I have a Bock 80 gallon commercial water heater with a spark igniter that is just over a year old. Of course its out of warranty Every so often, it would spark several times, but the burner will not fire up. It will do this a few attempts till it goes into lockout mode so I will have to power...
  4. GreekGuy7

Wax-Free Bowl Gaskets

I have a toilet in a rental that the floor is not in the best of shape so the toilet rocks... and there goes the wax ring. The other day, I put a "number 10" wax ring on it, shimmed the toilet and caulked it so we'll see how it goes. Until I get a chance to replace the floor, anyone have...
  5. GreekGuy7

Flow control valve stuck closed??

It seems most times flo control valves get stuck open and then you have the zone too hot due to runaway heat. I am wondering if mine is stuck closed cause the radiant heat in that zone never reaches temperature (70 degrees) and thus the cirulator is always running. The other 4 zones upstairs...
  6. GreekGuy7

Maximum Temperature for Radiant Heat

I have 6 zones in a 2.5 story building. The lower lever has radiant heat and the 2 other floors have baseboard heat. The boiler usually runs at 160-180 degrees and there is a mixing loop that mixes some of the return water back with the supply to feed the radiant zones. Is there a maximum...
  7. GreekGuy7

Noisy Taco 007 Circulator

A couple weeks ago I bought a Taco 007 pump and installed it the other day. The problem is that after I purged the zone properly and powered it up, I did get heat in the zone but the pump is making a bad noise. The boiler pressure is fine, the pump is not mounted upside down or sideways and all...
  8. GreekGuy7

Flushing drain lines

After rodding out a drain or even plunging it, is it best to flush the lines with cold water or hot water? I can see the benefits of each but was wondering what works best from your experience. Thanks!!
  9. GreekGuy7

Basement Watchdog Brand

I was wondering what your opinion is on Basement Watchdog Brand pumps. For some time, they been making backup sump pump systems, but now they are making primary pumps as well as a combination primary/backup system. The last two installs, I dropped in a Zoeller M53 as a primary pump... not...
  10. GreekGuy7

Bathtub leaking into apartment below

I own a 6unit apartment building. When the upstairs shower is used, the ceiling of the bathroom immediately below drips. I opened up an access panel below to verify. The only times it leaks is when the shower is used.... not when the water is coming out of just the spout for a bath. All the...
  11. GreekGuy7

Water heaters piped in parallel

I have 2 50gallon hot water heaters piped in parallel for a 6unit apartment building. A few days before Christmas I replaced one of them because it was leaking, but not the other. (mistake number 1). The new hot water heater is now several inches higher than the older one. Doing some...
  12. GreekGuy7

Rounded stem ends....

I have a 2 knob shower setup with stems. The stem ends are rounded out so they dont accept the original style handle any more. I bought some Danco aftermarket handles that utilize some allen screws on an adapter to bite into the stem end and then their shower knob slides over. They dont seem to...
  13. GreekGuy7

Laundry tub drain vent pipe

I have a laundry tub in the basement that tees into a drain and then goes thru the concrete floor. If you look upwards, it looks like the drain pipe also serves as a vent pipe too. Does that make sense? Anyway, several feet above where it tees in, there is a small hole in the vertical pipe which...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks