Search results

1. Interlodge

Washing machine P-trap question, under floor?

Thank You Peter, that's the kind of info I am looking for. The reason is as it started to sound confusing, I wanted to check with the town to be sure. I initially though it would be a simple answer. I really appreciate you taking the time to look through the code. That was above and beyond, I...
  2. Interlodge

sorry, I might not of explained before, Only "S traps of uniform internal Dimensions" are prohibited iunder NJ code Technically I could run a two inch trap above the floor but make the vertical exit 3" (one pipe size larger) as long as it is vented within the regular required distance...
  3. Interlodge

The advantage is it allows the vent to go up through an adjacent wall through the second floor and out. The wall ithe trap would be in would require a very small boxed soffit as it cannot go through the pate as it has double 2x10's 2nd floor joists resting right above it. (technically the...
  4. Interlodge

"Just because some plumbers may get away with putting them under the floor doesn't make it right." This is exactly what I'm trying to grasp? why say it's not right when apparantly the code allows it, the town allows it, the plumbers do it and no ones ever had an issue. The first floor showers...
  5. Interlodge

Gary, I wrote that to the previous poster, but your concern is appreciated too. That's what I'm trying to understand... If the only reason for the on the same floor requirement is to prevent freezing, I can understand that and will then take my local code and what it allows and requires. and...
  6. Interlodge

I hear you on that concern but he offered he's never seen or heard of one freezzing when it's up in the joist insulation and even the ones in the older homes below the joists and before they required a sealed box never freeze unless the home heat were to fail. (likethe recent storms and some...
  7. Interlodge

Jim, I hear you, and as I thought about it and the machine allows up to 36 why not get it as close to normal as possible. Yes the machine is a front loader and a water saver, very low water usage. As far as under the flooe, I visited my local wawa at coffee rush time this am and talked to two...
  8. Interlodge

I don’t know why you are referencing the other codes. As I said I am under the National Standard Plumbing Code I did check under traps, trap placement, drain and waste, general provision etc and can’t find any reference at all. As I said the code has a specific exemption to the normal 24”...
  9. Interlodge

Washing machine p trap question. I see many comments about the washer p trap being requred on the same floor as the machine. We are in NJ and covered under the 2oo6 National Standard plumbing code. In that code I can find no requirement for the same floor. Simply 2 “ minimum standpipe size no...
  10. Interlodge

Bathroom Drain Pipe Woe

Just an observation... there are always many ways to skin a cat and often they have both benefits and negatives. Often it is simply deciding what your willing to live with (and different people have different ideas on that) For instance many people talk about flange extenders to solve flange...
  11. Interlodge

Long run for hot water

Since moving into house, the Hot water to kitchen sink has always needed to run about 15 seconds to purge cooled water from line. House originally built in late 70s. Doing some planning for a bath remodel, I was in the crawl space and noticed, what I would think is an unnesessary long supply...
  12. Interlodge

Consumer Reports August 2009 toilet report rates American Standard Champion 4 #1

consumer report I'm a consumer and this is my report. Doing a remodel last year and based on this forum used a ToTo Ultramax. It;s a little embarrassing when a family gets giddy over their toilet... I've replaced all the other toilets in that and a beach house with them just to keep everyone...
  13. Interlodge

S trap question

My town isn't very strict. I asked about codes, especially any special codes and they said they had none, just the states. On one project that I got a plumbing and electrical inspection on they hardly looked at anything, one of them didn't even go up the stairs to see work on the second floor...
  14. Interlodge

S trap question

I am always coming across a lot of posts on S traps. I was reading the NJ code (national standard plumbing code) on something else and came across this under Prohibited traps......S traps of uniform internal dimensions. Later in the venting section it referred to "vents may be connected below...
  15. Interlodge

Bath Remodel / drain and vent design

Matt, Thanks for the imfo, I started reading and trying to interpret the NJ code which is the national standard plumbing code. Apparantly this was legit back then and some variations still are, but like you say toilets can no lomger disharge into the same stack. One thing I did learn was that...
  16. Interlodge

perhaps a diagram will help. I'd really appreciate any comments. I am confused and a bit worried as I try to decifer all the posts about venting. The only uncertainty is the lower floor sink but I strongly believe it will simply be a straight 72" horizontal run as there is no eveidence of...
  17. Interlodge

I saw on another post -------- "Venting must be on the same floor, You can't drop waste down the vent of a lower floor fixture." In essence. that is what I believe my situation creates. What am I missing? This was a home design/build used many times in our town and my original 1975 CO has...
  18. Interlodge

Possibly I am not explaining clearly or miswording. In your picture the pipe labled vent stack serves as the combination drain and vent stack. The 2nd floor sink drians and vents directly to it, the toilet drains and vents directly to it with a 3 inch pipe, the tub drains and vents to that 3"...
  19. Interlodge

I have a 1975 built house where I want to remodel the lower floor bathrooms. At this point, all drain and vents are original to the home. The main stack rises out of the ground and then is a straight 3†copper vertical line right up through the roof. All bathroom plumbing on both floors is wet...
  20. Interlodge

Simple P trap question

also... I cannot raise the whole horizontal run, otherwise I would have.....
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks