Search results

1. Chrisexv6

New acrylic airtub installation, where to put ledger?

Installing a Bain Ultra Citt soaker/airbath. Their tech support said a ledger isnt required but I can put one if I want (and, I want!) Because of the molding, etc, the underside of the deck is pretty rough. Im having trouble figuring out just where to screw the ledger to the surrounding...
  2. Chrisexv6

Tub and shower valve/trim recommendations

Currently remodelling our 2nd full bath. We have a relatively new Delta rough in valve and trim set, but the wife wants something more modern looking. Im not quite sure Delta has a trim kit in the look she is going for, so Im open to looking at different brands and replacing the valve as well...
  3. Chrisexv6

Delta shower slowly goes from hot to lukewarm

Delta Monitor 17 series with R1000 rough in valve. As we take a shower, the first 10 minutes or so are fine. After that, you slowly need to turn the temp control to the hot side to maintain the temp, but then eventually even that doesnt keep up anymore. I initially thought it was a problem...
  4. Chrisexv6

Sanigloss and in-tank or "flushable" cleaners....

Now that our Soiree is up and running, I have a question about the sanigloss coating....there are a few warnings about not using harsh chemicals to clean the bowl so as not to damage the coating. My question is whats considered harsh? We've been using the flushable Scrubbing Bubbles cleaners...
  5. Chrisexv6

Toto Soiree pedestal sink questions

We have our Soiree sink on order and Im looking at the spec diagram on Totos website to get an idea of what work needs to be done for it to fit. I know I need to move the supply lines a little bit, but looking at the spec diagram it doesnt show how high the supplies (and the drain, for that...
  6. Chrisexv6

Unifit t-bolts

Just picked up my Soiree toilet and opened the Unifit box. There are a couple notes included talking about shorter t-bolts for the Lloyd toilet, but every other skirted model using the longer bolts. Alas, my Unifit hardware bag only has the shorter ones. Im assuming I can get a correct set...
  7. Chrisexv6

Adjusting fan speed on direct drive blower

I have a Oneida/Royal LOB oil fired furnace with a direct drive blower. At some point, an AC tech bumped the blower speed to high, because there wasnt enough air flow. Now, Im thinking it was set for heating speed, which is supposed to be different than cooling speed (of course) Id like to...
  8. Chrisexv6

Therma-flow/Everhot water heater issues

Just got the service done on my furnace and oil fired water heater. After the service was done the tech pointed out a corroded inlet nipple on the water heater. He said the inlet nipple is "one piece" with the tank, so the whole water heater (minus the burner) needs to be replaced. Anyone...
  9. Chrisexv6

Kohler "Ingenium" slow fill.....

Lately its been taking a looong time for our Kohler toilet to refill. Taking off the tank top and watching, it *looks* like there is a good stream of water into the fill tube, but for some reason it takes a long time (at least 60-70 seconds). It does eventually stop, and the toilet doesnt...
  10. Chrisexv6

Swivel faucet leaking after reinstall......

Just changed my kitchen sink and reinstalled my American Standard kitchen facuet (yes, a Home Depot only version). Now its leaking at the swivel. It never did before, Im wondering if I just got lucky. Ive installed per the instructions........hand tighten the locknut and then tighten the 3...
  11. Chrisexv6

Halo recessed light and shower trim......

Just purchased the correct shower trim (172PS) for my Halo recessed light (H7ICAT). The problem I have is, with the trim installed, the incandescent bulb wont reach the socket. Ive adjusted the inner bracket to bring the socket as close as possible to the trim, yet the bulb still wont make...
  12. Chrisexv6

Toto Drake, a question.....

I did a search and saw a reference to a leaking fill valve. Mine does that too, I havent tried the fix yet (pop the top off and run some water thru it to see if it needs cleaning), but its sorta related to my next question..... What size should the "water spot" be? I notice in the bowl...
  13. Chrisexv6

Is water spot size affected by flange diameter?

Just a question out of curiosity....I see 3"/4" toilet flanges, where you can put the flange inside a 4" or outside a 3". Does this affect the size of the water spot in a toilet? (smaller water spot if the 4" piping needs to be refilled instead of 3") Does it also affect the flushing...
  14. Chrisexv6

Fernco bushing usage.....

A local plumber helped me replace the toilet flange in my bathroom remodel. He left it all "roughed together" while I finished the bathroom. Today I went to install the toilet (I finished the flange myself, it was easy enough), but the Fernco connecting to my old cast iron drain leaks a drop...
  15. Chrisexv6

Anyone ever seen a warped Americast tub?

After finally getting drywall up and taped, I took a gander at stacking some tiles in the tub area just to see how it would look. Horrible!!! Why? because the tub deck is warped. My walls are perfectly plumb....I put a 4' level on the tub deck and there is a 1/8" gap under the center of...
  16. Chrisexv6

Tub deck clearance....

I wanted to use a pre-formed niche in my bathroom remodel. All of the preformeds are for a 2x4 wall, yet the wall I want to use is 2x3. No problem I figured, Ill add 1 inch of something to bring the wall out, then drywall as normal. Now I found an issue - the finished wall will be such that...
  17. Chrisexv6

Toilet rough-in....

After removing the original toilet and flange completely, Im at a point where I can install the new one basically anywhere I want (inline with the waste pipe of course). My question is, how far from the finished wall? Its a Toto Drake, and Toto seems to recommend 12" from the finished wall...
  18. Chrisexv6

Another Delta drain install question

About to finalize the install of my Delta tub drain. REALLY disappointed in the lack of good instructions, but I suppose the products could just be meant for a plumber to install instead of a homeowner. Anyway, Im at the point where I need to determine the linkage length for the plunger...
  19. Chrisexv6

Medicine cabinet width for 30" vanity....

What width would you look for to put a medicine cabinet over a 30" vanity? Wife wants a med cab. with only one door. Apparently, its tough to find that in a wider cabinet (20-24" wide). Im not sure a narrow cabinet (standard size being about 15 or 16" wide) would look good with a 30" wide...
  20. Chrisexv6

Installing Delta drain, help!

Installing (or trying to!) a Delta RP691 drain assembly into an American Standard Princeton tub. The retaining wire Delta includes doesnt see to want to stay on the "good side" of the tub as I tighten the screws. The whole thing wants to ride into the drain side of the tub so the retaining...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks