Search results

1. RemodelBob

Kitchen Sink -- disposal hookup, drain miscalculation

When I roughed in my kitchen, I placed my 2" drain stub out where I thought would be close to the edge of the cabinet making it easy to install my p-trap and disposal. As it turns out, the wife wants the disposal on the left side, which is just about right in front of my stub out. If I moved...
  2. RemodelBob

kohler k-438-k versus k-300-k -- diverter?

I made a mistake and bought and installed a k-438-k tub valve instead of a k-300-k. the k-438-k works fine, it just costs a lot more and has a diverter that I am not using. My question is should I cap off the diverter? It doesn't leak and the instructions show it has a check valve...
  3. RemodelBob

Waste and Overflow -- cable drive or push pull

I am getting close to setting a 72"x32" soaker tub and I need to put on the waste and overflow for it. I like the idea of the kind that you can twist that raises and lowers the stopper, but I am worried about all those moving parts in an area where there won't be access if something breaks...
  4. RemodelBob

Installing Americast Tub with styrofoam bottom

I have a 4'6" American Standark Mackinzie tub. The installation instructions provided are for a different model tub, but same concept (my tub is shorter in both height and width). I followed instructions. Installed stringer, but to get tub level I had to shim the front of the tub up about...
  5. RemodelBob

no-hub coupling for vent?

I picked up a 4" to 2" no hub coupling to use to convert my old CI stack to a 2" vent for a toilet and as I was putting it on it said for drain and sewer use only. Does that mean I should not use it for a vent? It is an all rubber coupling with metal clamps. If not what are my options...
  6. RemodelBob

Spray foam insulation on PEX?

what type of insulation do you use around pex when going between stories? normally i would use spray foam around the copper and romex, but I am not sure if that will hurt the pex.
  7. RemodelBob

sewer shower and other plumbing fun

finished off my DWV system on Saturday. Hertz rental had didn't have any of the test plugs that I am used to, so I got all they had to offer and headed home to test the system. After going a few rounds with an existing bathtubs overflow not sealing, I was able to get all the lines filled and...
  8. RemodelBob

shower valve -- do i want screwdriver stops?

what are they? I can't seem to find a definition anywhere. I am looking at potentially using one of these for my shower. K-304-K Less Screwdriver Stops K-304-KS With Screwdriver Stops Also, do I just cap off the bottom since it is a shower only? Thanks.
  9. RemodelBob

pex to copper fixture stub outs

what is the best method to stub out a pex supply line? i was planning on using some of these pex to copper ells but I was wondering what the best way to secure them is? should i run some blocking behind them and strap to it and then put one of those copper plates with all the holes in...
  10. RemodelBob

insulate pex?

I ran my hot water home run and part of the return line today (going to do a convection recirc system). Most of the run is in interior walls. I have heard and read mixed opinion on insulating PEX. Some say since it doesn't conduct heat like copper you don't need to, others say you need to...
  11. RemodelBob

Kink in PEX

Me and a buddy snaked through about 150 feet of PEX today. it was nice being able to run it through studwalls and around stuff, but it sure was a workout. I almost think copper would have been about the same amount of work...so much for savings. Anyway there can a time or two when pushing and...
  12. RemodelBob

to vent or not to vent kitchen sink?

I had a plumber buddy by my project (complete remodel of house, relocating all plumbing in kitchen and master bath) the other day and he said if I run 2" that I don't need to vent my kitchen sinks (one main and one prep). that sounds wrong to me, but it sure makes my life a whole heck of a...
  13. RemodelBob

wirsbo expander fittings or shark bite

I am installing PEX (wirsbo) pipe and am undecided on what fittings to use. I have a plumber that said he would come do all my connections using the wirsbo expander tool or I can use shark bite fittings. i think it would probably cost less with shark bite, but they seem to get mixed reviews...
  14. RemodelBob

is 3/4 pex enough for supply trunk?

i started running a hot water 3/4 pex supply trunk this weekend. after i fed the home run to the basement i realized how small the ID of 3/4 pex is. i am a little worried it is too small. i am planning on running 2 bath lavs, a shower, a tub, 2 kitchen sinks, dishwasher and possibly a...
  15. RemodelBob

looking for Seattle Area plumber for consultation

I am roughing in some drain and supply lines and would really like to have someone swing by and tell me i screwed up before I start putting up drywall. Anyone up for a consult?
  16. RemodelBob

4" closet bend or 3" street 90?

I am trying to install a toilet waste line in a 2x10 joist bay. My horizontal run is pretty long (almost 20' fortunately goes into a dropped ceiling area near the end, so I will have enough slope), so I need to keep the 3" pipe tucked up as high as I can near the toilet. I was planning on...
  17. RemodelBob

Sillcock leaks water when hose is above faucet

I have a brand new Quartermaster Sillcock (anti-siphon, quarter turn). I got it from the Home Depot (mistake #1 I am sure). If I have a hose attached it with the line pressureized but not flowing and I bring the end of the hose above the sillcock, water starts to come out of my sillcock on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks