Search results

1. sibi1972

Ripped open the ceiling

I've been back and forth with you guys about this boiler job I'm doing which turned into an additional job of figuring out how the zones were were piped. I would like to thank you for all of the advise and education on hydronics and since I finally have the ceiling open in the basement...
  2. sibi1972

Manifold Sizing

I've got a question to something I can't figure out and would appreciate any help here. Sizing of intake and outtake manifolds on a 3 zone series loop, HW boiler with 1 pump and 3 zone valves. Here's my concern. The pump (B&G 100) has an opening of just less then 1". Since that is the...
  3. sibi1972

Confusing Situation

This is long but please bear with me. My son spent his first winter last winter in a house he bought and found inconsistent heat on the first floor. He battled to make sense of how the thermostat worked because sometimes there was too much heat but most of the time not enough. So - I'm...
  4. sibi1972

Toilet Trap

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. A buddy of mine claims he's seen a trap in the plumbing under a toilet. He says he wouldn't rough one in but that it's not too unusual in some houses. In 30 years and maybe a dozen or 2 throne installs, I've never seen this. Sibi
  5. sibi1972

Air setting for Beckett Gun

Guys, I have a Beckett AFG gun and the air settings are closed. Beckett used to have a chart included with the gun for these settings but no longer does. The install directions say I need to check the exhaust gasses to set this up and I have no idea what I need to be able to do that. I'm...
  6. sibi1972

am I saving money this way?

10 years ago I replaced my 60 year old, oil fired hot water boiler. It had a input rating of something like 125,000 btu's. I put in a 75,000 btu Peerless because that was bigger by more then 15 percent over the heat loss calc I did, which already had 10 percent added for those COLD days to come...
  7. sibi1972

monoflow "T"s in a series loop?

I'm plumbing a hot water boiler and am wondering if I can add on to an existing series loop with monoflow "T"'s to a seperate section. Will those 2 systems co-exist? Thank you Sibi
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks