Search results

1. JohnnyCom

Delta Leland, Identify Kitchen Faucet Make

Delta Leland https://media.deltafaucet.com/PartsDiagram/DPD-K-9178-DST.pdf
  2. JohnnyCom

Kitchen sink not draining

Your snake could be going up the vent pipe instead of going down the drain at the san tee where the trap ends. If you can’t figure out a way to guide it down the drain, you can try to run your snake down the vent pipe from the roof.
  3. JohnnyCom

90 degree long sweep or 60 degree elbow

NYC code Sylvan quoted above is based on IPC. Reach quoted UPC. Confusingly, both codes share the same section number for this topic. Looks to (non-plumber) me like the horizontal 60 is allowed in IPC but not UPC.
  4. JohnnyCom

Sprinkler System causes mini Water Heater pressure relief value to open

Installing a water hammer arrestor near the irrigation manifold may help.
  5. JohnnyCom

Should I be concerned about corrosion? (new connection to old pipe)

An offset pipe wrench can come in handy in a tight spot like that.
  6. JohnnyCom

Tub Faucet broke at the pipe, help

You did nothing wrong. The years of rusting thinned and weakened the pipe to the point it wasn’t strong enough to handle the torque needed to break the corroded threads loose from the fitting.
  7. JohnnyCom

1950 Wet vent remodel options?

Looks like the jog back towards the tub may be there to keep the tub trap arm under the maximum 5 feet per UPC.
  8. JohnnyCom

Tub Faucet broke at the pipe, help

You might try a nipple extractor first.
  9. JohnnyCom

Is there any way to drain this sink to the sewer line, under a door? Code on P-Trap shape?

California Plumbing Code 1004.1 “No fixture shall be double trapped.” Also, 1003.1: “Each trap, except for traps within an interceptor or similar device shall be self cleaning.” Doubtful the wide trap would be self-cleaning. Also 1003.1: “Traps ... shall be of standard design...“ .
  10. JohnnyCom

Oatey Great White Pipe Dope

My bad, Sam. I see the FAQ linked from the great white page joint compound page on the Oatey site was referring to the white tape, not the white joint compound.
  11. JohnnyCom

Double Sink, Double P-trap?

Your task will be much easier if you shorten the black abs drain pipe so you can connect the p-trap to the drain pipe on the left side.
  12. JohnnyCom

Using an abandoned water heater vent for my plumbing stack

Or drill a small hole near the bottom of the first pipe and attach a paracord or other small rope to support the stack as you lower it section by section. Then remove the cord after the pipe is supported otherwise from below.
  13. JohnnyCom

What faucet is this?

Looks like a Moen 8800 M-BITION https://www.moen.com/products/MBITION/MBITION_Chrome_twohandle_lavatory_faucet/8800
  14. JohnnyCom

Will O rings alone fix a leak?

Call Pfister and they will send you a free new cartridge under their lifetime warranty.
  15. JohnnyCom

Adapter for this shower arm to replace shower head... ?

In that case, replacing the shower arm is absolutely within your grasp. In the world of plumbing, the threads in your wall are one of the sure standards that you can rely on. You can do it! Righty tightly lefty loosey - give it a good hard turn and it will come out. Be sure to use Teflon tape or...
  16. JohnnyCom

Adapter for this shower arm to replace shower head... ?

I would advise that you ask your landlord if they can provide you a new shower head.
  17. JohnnyCom

Galvanic corrosion at tub overflow

Well, I found a double-screw plain cover plate that makes my question moot. However, I wonder how many failures of this type occur because the kit maker saved a couple pennies using aluminum instead of stainless steel...
  18. JohnnyCom

Galvanic corrosion at tub overflow

Several years ago, I replaced a 1995-era lever-operated tub drain with a foot-lock drain. The kit included an aluminum adapter bracket to convert the original two-screw overflow cover and lever to a single-screw plain cover. Now I have found that the adapter bracket has corroded away to the...
  19. JohnnyCom

Capping pipe that's too close to drywall

It looks like you could replace the tees without ripping up sheetrock below using an inside pipe cutter on the PVC drain pipe and and an oscillating tool on the CPVC. Another possible solution would be to cut the drain pipe flush with the tee and glue in a "Tom-Kap" plug fitting that is...
  20. JohnnyCom

Please recommend a quality replacement diverter spout

Thanks for the quick response. I've ordered the Delta spout.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks