Search results

1. psolutions

Warranties

Plumbing Warranty We do 1-year labor on all service and 2-years new construction (required in my area). On fixtures i supply through my supplier i will warranty the fixture for up to the manufactures warranty but my labor warranty ends after the 1-2 years. If they supply the fixture there...
  2. psolutions

one side of house backing up

Drain Cleaning Keep in mind that unclogging a drain with a drain snake often times doesn't completely resolve the problem. Especially if the plumber just gets the drain flowing and closes it back up. You definitely could get the camera out to ease your mind, but next time its snaked i would...
  3. psolutions

Cap for Sewer Cleanout Standpipe

Sewer Cleanout As suggested above the cap would be best recessed to for obvious reasons. However, also consider that many counties are now requiring brass caps. The reason is so they can be located if they become buried or non-visible. If its not new construction you can get away with...
  4. psolutions

Leak Detection Equipment

Where to get some good leak detection equipment? Ive tried one or two cheaper units that really arent worth the money. Any suggestions?
  5. psolutions

Residual Income for Plumbers?

Residual Income I havent done stickers yet, but after reading the positive feedback here i just placed my order with NEBs. How about product sales, etc.? Anything you try to pitch for extra sales while at the customers house? I always look at other items and if something looks faulty make...
  6. psolutions

Residual Income for Plumbers?

With the economy the way it is we are rethinking a lot of things. This is almost making us see the light on how much we where missing out on when the getting was good. My question is on residual and repeat income. I know service plans are one, but they are often hard to sale, but we do try...
  7. psolutions

Plumbing: Scheduling and Dispatching

HAHA! Thats kinda what i was thinking too. But i really am disappointed mostly with customer information and limitations in quickbooks. Im trying to find a way to keep detailed communications and job notes between customer kept up in a software solution outside of quickbooks that integrates...
  8. psolutions

Wall mount toilet to sheetrock??

To clarify my concern.. when i tighten the bowl against the carrier im thinking the sheetrock will smush... I dont see how i can get it tight without damaging the sheetrock.
  9. psolutions

Actually the model shown above mounted to the 2x6 wall is almost identical to the model we picked out.. . The customer is aware and chose the wall mount simply because its on of the only ways to make it work in this situation. Its a carrier almost exactly as above and its a duravit toilet...
  10. psolutions

Plumbing: Scheduling and Dispatching

We are thinking of moving to a software based scheduling and dispatch solution... Anyone have any suggestions and experience with these? I want something simple enough to learn, but hopefully to integrate into quickbooks.. Pulling customer info and notes up in quickbooks is very ineffective.
  11. psolutions

Customer wants a wall mount toilet on a sheet rock wall? Anyone have any success with this before?
  12. psolutions

Residential Plumbing Prices

Prices around my area have been so set between $340-400 a fixture for new residential that im amazed to see the price changes as of late. Typical rough/trim with materials range from 340-400 not including the fixture price itself. As of late there are two companies bidding around 250 per...
  13. psolutions

Soldering larger copper 1.5+

Well on the press/crimp style. I was very ify about it cause im not one to try something unless its been on the market a long time. Im still not so crazy about pex. But now that i cant find anyone who has used it (copper crimp) in my area im definitely staying away from it. Ive come up with...
  14. psolutions

Flameless? Anyone ever tried any of these flameless solutions.. someone recommended me to a rigid press tool. Supposedly it uses special copper fittings that crimp down??? This sounds like trouble. Anyone ever used it? Are the different tips really that effective? Im looking into that...
  15. psolutions

Doing mostly residential we very rarely solder copper so a small propane tank with a 4' reach dose the trick. We recently started doing light commercial and the only thing that seems to be a pain in the arse is soldering 1.5 copper lines with these little old things. There has to be a...
  16. psolutions

leaky shower (odd)

Plumbing: Shower Since you are only experiencing the leak when you run the shower head there is only two possibilities. 1.) The leak is in between the valve and the shower arm. It could be at the connection to the valve, the pipe, the connection of the pipe to the shower ell, or on the...
  17. psolutions

Bathroom Faucet

Plumbing Faucet I would stay away from online purchase unless necessary. Returns and exchanges are a hassle and it seems something is always missing. Personally i think that most major brands are fine, but get one with a brass/metal drain, not plastic crap. If you get a faucet with a...
  18. psolutions

Tub drain shoe leak

Plumbing tub shower Well there are only a handfull of reasons why it would leak. 1.) The silicone seal did not seal. This is either because it pushed out or the tub shoe did not tighten enough. 2.) The tub shoe is not tight enough. 3.) The rubber gasket is pinched or against a...
  19. psolutions

Connecting lead pipe replacement

Why not go with a hub that slips inside the cast 90 and convert it to PVC, this may be cheaper?
  20. psolutions

10" rough in are hard to come by

Plumbing Toilet Wow.. I can get 10" toilet/tank at any of my supply houses. Check around at your supply houses. Almost any supply house should be able to offer you a stocked option, but if you need a specific brand they can order it for you im sure..
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks