Search results

1. Dilbert

Imploding water heater?

Is this a real concern, or are you being facetious?
  2. Dilbert

Imploding water heater?

Is it OK? This was the one that was there, I put it back where it was. I agree, but this was not me. :) I did not move the heater, this is the way it was when we moved in last year.
  3. Dilbert

Imploding water heater?

This isn't impossible. I turned off the supply to the heater, then turned it off. I thought I drained it too. It may have cooled while warm, with no way to relieve pressure, either negative or positive. It's not leaking now, other than looking terrible, did I cause permanent damage?
  4. Dilbert

Imploding water heater?

Umm, as I said in the first post, I'm not a plumber, just a guy with a lot of tools who is a little too fearless. What is a T&P valve? I guess just asking that question means I'm in trouble.
  5. Dilbert

Imploding water heater?

After I reconnected? It was disconnected for several hours, and turned off most of the day. Then I turned the water back on, refilled the tank, ensured there were no leaks and turned the pilot on.
  6. Dilbert

Imploding water heater?

I recently replaced some pipe in my basement. I put them back in the same locations and didn't make any changes to how things ran. While I am not a plumber, and don't play one on TV, these were not bent in like this last week. Could it be something I did, or is there a bigger problem with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks