Search results

1. DCpete816

Moen Monticello, Can't remove handles

But I can't get the handle/lever off. That was my question. Thanks, Chris
  2. DCpete816

Moen Monticello, Can't remove handles

I have very little flow coming out of my tub faucet and attached shower head (not shown). I made an attempt trying to remove the handles because I have had this apart maybe 20 years ago. I seem to remember this was a Moen faucet and there were Moen cartridges, which I presume are clogged. Can...
  3. DCpete816

Grohe Thermostat Mixer Problem

Thank you very much for your suggestions. On your first comment about modifying the flow, I don't see how. When the temperature is on cold, I get great water flow on both shower heads attached to the same manifold. So the flow through the shower heads are fine. I'm not really following you...
  4. DCpete816

Grohe Thermostat Mixer Problem

For the last year or so our shower will not get hot unless we also run hot water from the sink in this bathroom in advance of taking a shower. We run off of a tankless water heater and have a Thermostat controlled mixer. It's probably about 10 years old now. The part number on the mixer...
  5. DCpete816

Sewage line cleanout by street - clay??

Nope, I saw the plans, talked to the plumbers. This is the code for Campbell.
  6. DCpete816

Sewage line cleanout by street - clay??

Neighbor is doing remodeling and city is forcing him to replace sewage cleanout by the street in the front yard. The cleanout is PVC currently and looks to be fine (plumbers have it dug up now). Code says it must be replaced with clay. This seems very strange to me in earthquake country...
  7. DCpete816

Washlet seat for Aquia toilets? THU9090

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated. Chris
  8. DCpete816

Washlet seat for Aquia toilets? THU9090

I just ordered the Toto Washlet E200 and already have the Toto Aquia III toilet, which btw is an amazing toilet, I have two of them. I see the comment about the THU9090 adapter required, so I ordered one. What about the actual mounting of the Washlet to the bowl? The Aquia III does not have...
  9. DCpete816

Grohe Thermostat Mixer Problems

Thanks for your detailed response. I should have updated this thread, but the solution was a bit embarrasing. For this project, we had installed shutoff valves under the house. The cold water was shut off (doh!). We never really had any problem once we figured that out. But I will say that...
  10. DCpete816

Frameless Shower Walls - Header Question

Here's an update. We are going with a 3/8" frameless neo angled glass walls with a chrome header on the entire top edges of the glass. Yes, it is still called "frameless" even if it has a frame header. It's not in yet, so I can't report back yet on how it looks. But there is no doubt, this...
  11. DCpete816

NORITZ Tankless Heater--water temp fluctuation

That seems a little unfair. I have a Noritz tankless and it works flawlessly. I've had it for less than a year now. It replaced a 50 gallon tank water heater that also worked just fine. I have no regrets at all. I haven't noticed any temperature fluctuations, but I haven't done any...
  12. DCpete816

Yes we are sure the hot and cold are not reversed. Just solved the problem however. It turns out the cold water was shut off under the house to the new bathroom. Dohhhh. It now works exactly as advertised. We were able to dial in 100f exactly. And now we have even more water pressure than...
  13. DCpete816

I am having problems with my Grohe 34 122 thermostat mixer and just can't seem to figure out what the problem is. The parts are all brand new. The problem is that the temperature cannot be adjusted or calibrated to the 100 degrees as required in the manual. The manual says that an adjusting...
  14. DCpete816

I got a third bid from another company and yet another approach to the job. They bad-mouthed the glass header approach. This one I kind of like. They proposed using 1/2" glass on the long glass wall and short glass wall. Then hinge the door on the short glass wall (seems like a no-brainer...
  15. DCpete816

A good visual for the glass header is the type of wood header you would put over a door or a window. In this case it's a glass door and the header is glass as well. It's attached to the glass walls by metal fasteners. Yes it seems this should work in lieu of going all the way to a soffit...
  16. DCpete816

Thanks for the link. I had already discovered that link by googling. It's actually the best one I ran into. Re-reading, I find that they make no mention of a glass header. All they talk about is a metal header. With a glass header, a piece of glass sits on top of the door and is fixed to...
  17. DCpete816

Need some advice on replacing a "shower kit"

I hate those fiberglass shower stalls. I just ripped one out. Sure, it didn't leak for over 20 years. I think they look terrible and are really hard to keep clean. I used it everyday for 20 years and swore I would never go fiberglass again. Just my opinion. Chris
  18. DCpete816

Handshower/Shower Head Recommendations

Yea, I guess that Hans Grohe stuff is nice. I just bought a Grohe on a slider for considerably less than a grand. I've had one in the other bathroom for over 10 years with no problems at all - it's the divertor type coming off the shower head. I liked it enough to buy another. I'm going...
  19. DCpete816

I'm putting a nice corner tile shower in and wanted to go with the "frameless" glass look. The tile will be all the way up two walls, but not on the ceiling. The glass walls will not go to the ceiling, but be about 7 feet tall. There will be 3 glass walls with a door in the middle on a 45...
  20. DCpete816

turning off water requires careful "tuning" of the faucet

I have these types of Moen faucets on the bathtub and sink in our guest bathroom. I truly detest them and regret ever buying them. They have all stripped over time and you can't find the spare parts at places like Home Depot. What a pain. I replaced the sink faucet with a run-of-the-mill...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks