Search results

1. E

Mystery Mixing Valve---can anyone identify? Nibco

Yeah,... Redwood's got it going on! Some of those Nibco's look like the Delta I almost purchased,... went with the Moen instead for my project.
  2. E

Removing Shower Tile Cleanly

You are so right about support and SharkBite allowing movement. I ran another horizontal 2x4 from stud to stud directly behind the valve and strapped the hot and cold supply lines to it. The line going to the tub has an elbow SharkBite that is identical to the one you see at the shower end...
  3. E

Didn't know I could attach photos in here. The job is done,... completed, fini. But luckily I took some pics with my phone's camera to help me explain my needs to the guys at Home Depot. Gonna post them now,... hope they turn out good enough to see my work at that point. Trust me,... it really...
  4. E

Done,... thank God for SharkBite and Hardie Backer! These two products really helped this novice get through this with a minimum of headaches! Well along with the advice here.
  5. E

Ok fellas,... all three wall came tumbling down. Boy was that fun. You should have seen the mess and sloppy stud work Ryland left behind. Even I could recognized this level of shoddy work. Aren't the studs suppose to be 16 inches apart? Well not in my bathroom. But with all three walls exposed...
  6. E

Interesting! I not too long ago returned from Home Depot and talked with a guy that seemed knowledgeable. He said something very similar to what you are saying. He suggested using a staple gun to attach this thick rubbery stuff to the studs, screw down the cement board avoiding seams to touch...
  7. E

This is the wet side I imagine,... all three sides get pretty wet during a shower in my case. I was originally talking about the wall that contains the shower faucet and the copper up pipe to the shower head and copper lower pipe to the bath tub, and the two copper horizontal pipes bringing in...
  8. E

Hi all,... first post. HGTV and DIY Network are going to be the end of me yet. I've taken on the project of replacing the shower head and faucet in our master bath. I do not have the option of going in from the back as the back wall is the left side of the double sink vanity. So what I'm hoping...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks