Search results

1. J

Pressure Switch Problem or...

You could have another issue. I was just sharing my experience. We converted to a submersible pump instead of installing another convertible jet pump. The logic behind it was that they recommended pulling the well piping to make sure there weren't any other issues. It just made more...
  2. J

Pressure Switch Problem or...

I'm no expert, but this is the exact same thing that happened to me when we had to replace our old convertible jet pump. It couldn't reach the cut-out pressure of the pressure switch. Once the pump was kicked on, it would run and run because it couldn't build enough pressure to trip the...
  3. J

WH lifetimes

This thread was a very entertaining and educational read. I did a drain/flush/refill on my 80-gallon Bradford White electric today. It's only 4 years-old. It blew the lower element last year, so I had to drain it. I replaced both of the cheap elements that were in it with nice...
  4. J

Should I add a CSV?

Just an update. I picked up a 1" brass barbed fitting and will replace the plastic elbow with new piping to the tee, eliminating both the check-valve and ball-valve that are currently present. I'll post pictures when it's done.
  5. J

Should I add a CSV?

According to Goulds: My Goulds submersible is 106' down below the pitless adapter.
  6. J

Should I add a CSV?

Sorry for the confusion. My whole reason for not having installed a CSV yet was my fear of that questionable connection blowing apart. Upon learning that check valve doesn't even belong there, I'm even more concerned about the quality of the work. That check valve was added by the plumbers...
  7. J

Should I add a CSV?

You misunderstand my whole point here. I see nothing wrong with the PE coming out of the wall as far as it does. My ONLY issue is with the elbow joint to the small piece of PE to the brass checkvalve. The reason I first referred to it as a crappy connection (which you initially challenged)...
  8. J

Should I add a CSV?

Thanks for the reply. I gues I will see if I can get an extended barbed fitting to connect to that piece of PE to make the transition to copper. I had someone tell me I could use one of those Sharkbite fittings to make the transition to copper right off the piece of PE coming out of the...
  9. J

Should I add a CSV?

Thanks for the reply. I am certain that the short piece of PE is just clamped onto the threads of that check valve. I posted earlier that I know now the check valve needs to go based on what I read on this forum. The thing is, how do I eliminate the check valve and fix this connection...
  10. J

Should I add a CSV?

That connection is from 2006 when we were converted from a jet pump to submersible. The pressure tank was from 1994, a holdover from the jet pump. There's plenty of room for wrenches. The picture is decieving but there is two feet of space between that fitting and the block wall pictured...
  11. J

Should I add a CSV?

I agree, to a point. The thing is, after I pulled it - I found out that the old tank was much older than I was told by the previous owner of the house. We bought the house in May '05 and were told the tank was only a few years old. It looked new and shiny. Well, it turns out it was...
  12. J

Should I add a CSV?

Various things got in the way so I never got around to installing the CSV. But, I just had to replace my pressure tank which blew. So, this has renewed my interest. I'll be posting a few pictures of the setup in my crawlspace. I do not trust the plastic elbow with hoseclamps that the...
  13. J

Should I add a CSV?

Thanks for the reply. I checked out your site. I guess I'll have to call to find out what shipping would cost. Price is comparable to what I've found.
  14. J

Should I add a CSV?

Thanks again. The reason I ended up here... As described in my original post, we did the conversion to the submersible nearly 2 years ago. It wasn't cheap, it was flat-out expensive. Less than 2 years later, we found ourself with an inoperable well pump. The problem ended up being the...
  15. J

Should I add a CSV?

Thanks for the reply. Do I have to adjust my pressure switch at all?
  16. J

Should I add a CSV?

I've got a well system in my home. Here's a quick breakdown: Goulds 7GS05411 (installed 11/06 - hope it has a Franklin motor) - 106' below pitless adapter 22-gallon diaphragm pressure tank (charged to 38PSI) 40/60 pressure switch Our home used to have a jet pump, shortly after we moved...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks