Search results

1. Nevada7

holding tank pressure valve question

After my holding tank became waterlogged and having fixed that, I started to notice that the pump would not kick on until the pressure got lower and lower. Last night I happened to go into the garage after hearing 'air' noise. The sprinklers had kicked on and the pressure was down to 20...
  2. Nevada7

low flow/pressure from domestic well

Just for my last test. After letting the pressure/flwo run low, and after letting the pump fill the tank about 10-15 minutes), I checked the depth of the water in the well. It was far lower than my previous readings (88 feet), but the high has been about 32 feet (I had a 26 foot reading, but...
  3. Nevada7

Thanks Gary, I may end up doing that, but I have a hunch that it is a hole in the pipe. I think I figured uot a way to test it. What I think *may* be happening is once the water level falls to a certain level, the water is escaping from the pipe and just keeps getting recirculated, and i'm...
  4. Nevada7

Okay, I turned off the hose for about 15 minutes and let the tank build up pressure to 40 pounds, then I opened it all the way again (dropped down to 37) and then tested the flow. I got 8.4 gallons in one minute. So.....I have no idea what all this is telling me. Any ideas?
  5. Nevada7

I ran the hose at full pressure. It took an hour for the holding tank pressure to drop to 20 pounds. Once it got down to 20 pounds, I checked the water level in the well (it was still high registering a little higher than earlier). I then timed filling a 5 gallon bucket and I got a little...
  6. Nevada7

Thanks for the reply. The holding tank kicks the pump on when it drops below 40 and stops at about 60-65. When they put the backflow protector in, I saw that the pipe in the well is galvanized. I would expect the pipe to the house is the same. I didn't pull the pump to check the inlet...
  7. Nevada7

First, Thank you for offering this forum. It is great that there is a community available for us to find help/solutions to our problems. I am a first time domestic well user, having purchased this house a year ago, I don't have any experience with wells. My holding tank became...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks