Search results

1. TruckeeTrout

Waste vent ends under roof...

While looking for a roof leak in the space between the roof & ceiling I noticed that the drain waste vent pipe simply ended below a hole in the roof. The roof has an exhaust cap at the hole so at least that's not the source of water leak. [Squirrel entry port is possibly a different story. To...
  2. TruckeeTrout

Vessel sink installation - rigid?

I recently installed a vessel sink as part of a DIY remodel project. The sink is a Decolav, with all the proper hardware. My question is whether one should expect the sink to be rigid - that is, not move during normal cleaning and wiping. I'm reluctant to crank down on the thing. It's...
  3. TruckeeTrout

Loss of pressure after repair!

HELP! While installing baseboard in my newly remodelled laundry area I inadvertently punctured a hot water line. Actually, it was a hot water line I'd capped when I moved the hot water supply for the laundry. Repairing the puncture was straightforward - since the line wasn't used I cut it...
  4. TruckeeTrout

Noisy ballcock valve

I just replaced a 20+ year-old ballcock valve in an American Standard toilet with whatever Ace Hardware sells (Lincoln Products?). The thing is way too loud :mad: . I'd like to find either a way to quiet it down or a quieter replacement. Any suggestions? Many thanks. George
  5. TruckeeTrout

Shifting to the right?

Not a political question! In our remodel, the wc needs to shift about 2 1/2 inches to the right to maintain 15" clearance from the (new) shower door. Can't go much further 'cuz the vanity is there. To top it off, there is essentially no room to reroute the waste line below, at least not...
  6. TruckeeTrout

Rerouting supply lines?

I'm in the beginning stages of a bath & laundry remodel. One puzzle is how best to move the laundry supplies. What stumps me is how best to 'tap' into an existing 1/2" copper line. There is doesn't appear to be enough slack in the system to allow pipes to be pushed far enough apart to insert...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks